PDA

View Full Version : Hello to the Group

Jacqueline
17-02-08, 21:16
Hi everyone,

My name's Jacqui. I'm 53 and I'm currently following a CBT programme after over 20 years of agoraphobia and anxiety. After such a long time and a couple of unsuccessful attempts with other therapies I was sceptical whether I could change my life, but I needed to be able to go to my GP's surgery for routine BP monitoring etc so she suggested I try CBT. I signed up for a supported self-help programme and as soon as I began to read the books I realised that this was a different approach to the previous times I had tried. It all made perfect sense to me and from the beginning I committed to changing the way I thought about myself and my surroundings. By the time I met my psychologist practitioner, she felt that I was more than half way through the programme she would have followed, so I am only booked to see her a few more times.

I realise from reading some of the threads here that my own circumstances were mild in comparison to some members here, but they had certainly had a long time to become the only way of life I knew. After only a couple of months of work, I already feel that I have come a long way, but I don't underestimate that I still have a long way to go.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and sharing good times and bad.

Regards
Jacqui :)

domino
17-02-08, 21:22
:welcome:To n.m.p. , you will find lots of help on here , good to have your on board.

Karen
17-02-08, 21:31
Hello Jacqui. :welcome:

Karen x

buzzing bees
17-02-08, 21:31
hi n, welcome to our fab group everyone is so fab on here they make u, feel so very welcome i no coss im a newbie on here t00
take care by now

kate
17-02-08, 21:55
Hi Jacqui and a big Welcome to the forum :D

Kate

Lindalou64
17-02-08, 22:06
Hello Jaqueline And Welcome....i Wish Ya Well.........linda

groovygranny
17-02-08, 22:52
Hello Jacqui:welcome: to you!

I'm 53 - and am changing my life too! Seems you're making good progress, well done!:hugs:

Feel free to pm me any time if you want to chat - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

DeniseB
17-02-08, 23:26
Hi J :)

Well done you and a big welcome to the site x

:yahoo:

Denise x

manmoor
18-02-08, 02:33
Hi Jacqui,

A big warm welcome to you, xx

leo05
18-02-08, 02:36
welcome to nmp

hugs and love

lea xxxx

ladygrom
18-02-08, 09:06
hi big welcome to nmp tc xx

JulieAs45
18-02-08, 09:15
Hi Jacqui

:welcome: to NMP, nice to meet you. A big well done on the progress you have made so far, I had CBT too and along with this site it really helped me and life is good at the moment. I think one of the best things is knowing you are not alone and it helps to talk to people going through similar situations.

Look forward to catching up soon. Take care and keep up the good work.

Julie
:flowers:

Lilith1980
18-02-08, 09:38
Hi Jacqui,

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

chalky
18-02-08, 12:58
Hi Jacqui,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

kellie
18-02-08, 14:55
hiya :welcome: to nmp its great to have you here :yesyes: . you will get lots of support from all the great members here and some good advice to. hope to talk to you in the chat room. take care :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxx

Southern_Belle
18-02-08, 20:09
Hi Jacqui,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here that feel the same way you do and will get great support.

Hugs,

Laura

nomorepanic
18-02-08, 21:22
Hi Jacqui

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nibbles
18-02-08, 21:43
Hi Jacqui and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. It's good to hear you're making such great progress. :yesyes:

Take care,

Mike :)

weeble40
19-02-08, 17:29
hi and welcome to NMP you will find lots of advice and good tips on here, hope to see you around sometime

Emma xx

Wolfie
19-02-08, 19:32
Hi Jacqui!!!

Welcome to NMP!!! :) :) :)

You will find tons of advice and support here!

Hope to speak to you soon,

Wolfie xx

trac67
20-02-08, 14:07
Hi Jacqui,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx