PDA

View Full Version : will it work?

frank
18-02-08, 14:22
Been on citalopram for just over 4 weeks at 10 mg. Not really notcing any difference except more anxiety in which the doctor gave me diazepam to help cope with the symptoms. Getting married in 5 weeks and i seem to be one of the few men on here. All the what if senario's are coming in, is she the right one, do I love her, will i cope with marriage? etc My anxiety has affected me for years but never really had to deal with it until I had a long relationship but I'm so scared its all going to go wrong and I'm scared of my feelings which seem to go constantly up and down. We had a great saturday night but sunday was hectic and I got irritated with her especially when we have family dinner with her sis and parents. I'm tired of all this but just want to feel normal

chalky
18-02-08, 14:30
Hi Frank,

Don't worry mate,there are loads of guys here!!

Getting married is one of the most stressful experiences you will ever have.Buying a house is another example.
Having doubts like those which you have expressed is normal.Accept that this stress is part of the process and that it will pass.
Control what you can-in the coming weeks,get plenty of good rest,eat well,drink plenty of fluids(non-alcoholic),and spend time doing the things you enjoy.
Your fiancee will also be stressed at this time and that is natural,too.
In years to come,you will look back and draw strength from coming through this experience.
Best wishes,
Chalky

decca
18-02-08, 14:48
Hi Frank,
This August will be our 40th wedding aniversary, and I havn't regretted it for one day --- the day was 20th July 1974 when she was at her mother's, Lol .
Seriously though I can honestly say it's been absalutely wonderful,there's been bad times as well as good times but as long as you always try to see each others point of view, you'll be OK.
best wishes
Decca.

frank
19-02-08, 16:02
Thanks for your messages of support. Its good to know that there is this forum for help and support. I think i must be looking on it everyday at the moment!

Big Bird
19-02-08, 17:16
Frank,

I am waiting and hoping it will work also albeit only into my early days.
I married last summer in the Carribean only 5-weeks after being taken into hospital after breaking down with what turned out to be a panic attack!
I had all the similar worries and the pre-curser being I was organising nearly forty of us in getting out there so I can completely relate to your feelings.
All will be OK Frank, I'm sure, with both the Meds and particularly your wedding.
Make it so - go and enjoy the greatest of days and onwards and upwards thereafter.
I am charting my own progress for others to view so hopefully will catch up with you again very soon.

best of best wishes mate,

(roy)

groovygranny
19-02-08, 18:04
Hello Frank,

What you are experiencing is probably what most people do before they get married - even without any anxiety probs! So, it's all completely normal:)

Like chalky says, getting married is up there among the most stressfull things you can do to yourself!!

But, I've been married 31 years next month and haven't regretted it either (oh, except when dahling hubby did a horrific paint-job in our hallway last year:mad: ...you really did have to see it to appreciate how awful it was!!) all forgiven now tho...just:noangel: lol!!

Seriously tho, you go ahead and marry the girl of your dreams - I'd be surprised if you weren't having the jitters really.

5 weeks doesn't seem a long time to be seeing any significant benefits of the Citalopram - although I believe some would say they felt bettter within days. Personally, it took about 6 weeks to 'kick in' with me and then over the next few months I began to feel considerably better - so much so that I was able to come off them after just 6months (although I believe that is quite unusual). Still have me moments - but they did the trick for me:) and I hope they will for you too.

I wish you and your lady all the love and blessing in the world - along with some hugs

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: