PDA

View Full Version : Very Infrequent Urination....Prozac?

coxwit
18-02-08, 17:15
Hi,

I know one of the side effects of Prozac is usually frequent urination and this is also a symptom of anxiety so when I started Prozac a few weeks back I went through the urinating a lot thing (and perhaps had for some time because of anxiety). I have now been at 40 mgs Prozac for 2 1/2 weeks and now the opposite is happening. I hardly need to go at all even when I wake up in the morning. It is somewhat concentrated but as I take a heavy B vitamin as well it is hard to tell if it that or something else causing the consentrated colour. I am drinking the same amount of fluids and I am not bloating up or anything. Has anyone else experienced this with Prozac or is urinating only a couple of times per day normal for a person who doesn't have anxiety? Does this mean the Prozac is getting me back to a normal state or is this something I should worry about?

Andy

rosat2381
08-12-09, 23:39
Hi,
I've been on prozac for nearly a year now and couldn't fathom out why i was urinating so often. Doc tested for for diabetes which came back normal and only tonight on the internet have i found out that its a common side effect of prozac. I find that its worse in the night.