PDA

View Full Version : they are back, i wish they would go away!

seb_uk
19-02-08, 00:19
hi,
This is my first post but i've been visiting the site for a while now. Its so good to see that there are other people out there that feel the same way i do. For a while i thought i was the only one. I've had health anxiety about my heart for about 7 years now. My doctor recently put me on beta blockers. They worked for a while and i stopped taking them at the weekend, now my ectopics are back! I get so frustated, i wish i didn't get them. I've accepted that they are down to anxiety and probably won't do me too much harm but they are so annoying and make me anxious. I get them every minute or so. I hate it.

Has anyone had ectopics and found a way of getting rid of them? How do you stop from being anxious?

Thanks for reading, any tips would be greatly appreciated?

Allwaysdyin
19-02-08, 02:06
G'day

I'm like you I visited for a while and have only just joined, I have had eptopics for about 18mts now and they annoy/scare the hell out of me, the only advice I can really give you is to try to ignore them (yeah right) distraction is the only thing that helps me, but I'm sure some others have tips that will help you out.

All the best

Greg

seb_uk
19-02-08, 08:52
cheers greg,
During the day i can normally block them out but at night its a different story. I always seen to focus on them and work myself into a panic. I try and tell myself i'm ok, but because its my heart i can never ignore it! Going to get back on the beta blockers i think they seem to help. But i don't want to take them for ever!
I don't want to except that it is something that i will always have. There must be a way to stop having ectopics!

Thanks again

roziexwx
20-02-08, 12:34
h, i too suffered from palpitations for 2 years before getting something done about them,i had a previous heart attack 3 years ago,so when i started with the palps i was very scared,i was back and forth to the a&e dept,and was told to forget about them. ha what a joke.anyway after 2 years of suffering i was evevtually offered anti anxiety meds,well seems the palps was just anxiety related because since starting them i am 99% better.now i know taking anxiety meds are a big thing but this has worked for me,and i am happy to take them to get the quality of life i have got now.yes it was a big decision to make,and it probably is not everyones answer to the palps,but if they are anxiety related and you have had all the tests and your heart is ok,then maybe have a word with your gp,i did and have never looked back.take care x roziexwx:)

TracyL
21-02-08, 03:00
Hi Guys

I can sympathise totally with you. I have suffered these dreaded things for more years than I care to remember lol. I go through bouts and a couple of months ago I had them constantly every other beat for about 7 weeks. I went and had all the tests again, scans etc and was told to stop worrying about them. Yeah right i thought. Anyways i did and they eased off (or they eased off so i stopped worrying about them , not sure which).

If you have had tests etc and all come back ok, i think one of the only ways to alleviate them is to try and stop worrying about them. My doctor told me to embrace them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway just know you are not alone guys and take heart (sorry about the pun) anxiety makes them worse they seem to feed off it.

I hope you feel better soon and you can pm me if you ever need.

take care
Tracy

ladygrom
21-02-08, 08:39
hi i 2 can sympathise ive had them on off they realy get you down ther awful been to the docs no end of times he says its anxiety related .anyway guys just letting you no your not alone thers alot of us on here that get them tc yes x