PDA

View Full Version : Success just about.

Pauluk
19-02-08, 18:29
Hi guys,

I've had anxiety for 10 or 11 years now, iam Agoraphobic to. Well anyway for the last month or so i've managed to get to the gym two or three times a week, after spending years only exercising in my garage. I think i can now say iam no longer afraid of going to the gym.

A few weeks back i signed up for college, hopefully i'l get accepted & not chicken out.:) Have cut my meds down to way less than half ( perhaps to much :ohmy: ). Iam on the waiting list for CBT, at last !!!, along with finding a GP who referred me to the community mental heath team. Even had a nightmare weekend and bounced straight back.

My next step, i want to try and find a short drop in type course or, maybe one day or night doing charity work. If anyone can advice me on that i'd be most greatful, as would be a great stepping stone for college & mixing with people.

Cheers Paul.

Pink Panic
19-02-08, 18:58
Hey Paul

Well done on what you have achieved so far :yesyes: :yesyes:

I'm loving your positive attitude. Onwards and upwards as they say mate.

Love
Pink
x:hugs:

honeybee3939
19-02-08, 19:26
Hi Paul

Great to hear of all the success you are making:yesyes: WELL DONE !! You keep up the good work hun.

Im pleased to hear you have been referred to the community Mental Health services too, they really helped me get back on track, im sure the service they offer will be a great assett to you too.

Good luck

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

bet
19-02-08, 19:29
hi paul.

very well done!you are doing great.did you continue with the flax seed oil?

bet :hugs:

margaret911
19-02-08, 21:24
:yesyes: Well done Paul,
You're making fantastic progress, I am so pleased for you.:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
love Mags xxx

Pauluk
20-02-08, 12:50
Thanks guys, well i do hope the community Mental Health team can help me, i guess i'l find out soon enough. I do have an extra drive thats come from somewhere lately, where i don't know but iam not complaining:). So whatever they can offer iam sure iam in a better mental state to take advantage now, where as in the past not !!!, in a big way.

They don't make it easy GP'S, but thanks to some of you here and in the chat room i've got somewhere at last.

@bet I ditched the flax seed oil was a bit dodgy on my stomach. I take the Holland & barret EPA 1000mg fish oil caps 3 x per day as on bottle.

Cheers Paul.

chalky
20-02-08, 12:57
Hi Paul,

Congratulations on your success.You are clearly making great strides.
Never underestimate how much you are doing.
A good place to start good be your local Volunteer Service Bureau for helping out-they do things like providing Hospital transport for people.They are always looking for volunteers.
Keep up the good work.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Southern_Belle
20-02-08, 13:32
Hi Paul,

Wow, you are making a great headway to getting yourself out there and achieving many goals. I wish you many more successful days along the way.

Hugs,

Laura