PDA

View Full Version : starting dose

bet
19-02-08, 18:52
did anyone start on 5mg of citalopram?and up the dose after a few days. I got such a scare with the meds the last time.I dont want a repeat episode .

bet :)

honeybee3939
19-02-08, 19:30
Hi Bet

I have been on Citalopram on and off for a good few years(drug free now though), i have started on 5mg before as i always feared the side effects, i used to start on 5mg then after a few days went up to 10mg with little or no side effects, just takes a little time longer to start feeing better obviously because of the lower doseage.

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

bet
19-02-08, 21:50
thanks Andrea for the reply.

can you remember after how many days you used to up the dose?.

bet:hugs: :hugs:

honeybee3939
20-02-08, 15:14
I Bet

The last time i took Citalopram i started on 5mg for a week then i went onto 10mg. I also took my meds at night before bed as i have a phobia of medication, that way i wasnt sat around waiting for any side effects. Im terrible when it comes to taking medication, i wont even take paracetomils!:ohmy:

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Dying_Swan
20-02-08, 16:56
Well I think I got a raw deal!

I started straight on 20mg Citalopram....but I'd been on 20mg Prozac so that may be why.

Lots of people here seem to start on 10mg and then up it to 20mg after a week or so.

I'm sure it will be fine to start on 5mg and hopefully that will ease any side effects.

xxx :flowers:

bet
20-02-08, 19:46
thanks for the replies.I am going to start on monday.Of course we are all different but generally is it better to take citalopram in the morning or night?

my sleep is good at the moment.Its during the day(most days) I gets bouts of panicky anxiety.

bet :hugs: