PDA

View Full Version : I too suffer

tattybear
12-03-05, 20:57
Hi guys..

i too suffer with OCD along with anxiety / panic / depression.

Ive admitted to all of the above to my familly & Friends apart from OCD...it feels such a silly stupid thing and thinking rationally i can see its stupid.but once the thought or obsession enteres my head i cant reason with it.

My main one is counting....to even numbers things in the room...and over and over again.i check thingsconstantly befor leaving the house.

Anyone else know they have this but cant stop them selves doing it when it happends?
[Sigh...]

Tatty B xx

seh1980
12-03-05, 21:02
hello Tatty,

Welcome to the site!! :D No one can really stop the panic attacks, etc from happening. All we can do is learn how to deal with them when they do happen..Stick around and hopefully we can help you out a bit..

Sarah :)

tattybear
12-03-05, 21:06

Im on antidepresssants and seeing a psychiatrist...its just a hard struggle...my familly and boyfriend are wonderful...Its my friends who seem to have let me down.

Theyve dont once in the past 5 months come to my house...........they only text me in reply to when i text them.i have to constantly try and make arrangements to meet them.i know it must be hard for them to understand how i am....but not one of them realises just how bad ive been....its been my family and boyfriend who'e been there all the way.

Tatty B xx

FAN
12-03-05, 21:18
hi welcome to the forum im sure you will find it helpful, i know what you mean bout your friends mine dwindled and now im down to 1

fan x

tattybear
13-03-05, 09:35
Hi fran...

Im really suprised about my friends...ive known then since i was about 5.

we were really close.

All they want to do know every weekend is go clubbing...whichi dont feel like doing.

Im not saying they shouldnt .but it would be nice if out of they blue they turned up and had a girly nite in with me....myabe i sound selfish but i dont thinks its too much to ask them to not go out for once and come spend time with me.i know i would if it was the other way around....it just hurts that anytime they're free they always plan things they know i cant do.......one of my friends isnt even working so like me shes free every day.but still se never come over.

Thats makes it harder to deal with. I love them as theyre my friends but they've really hurt me.

Tatty B xx

lisarose
13-03-05, 12:21
Hi Tattybear:D

A big welcome to the forum, you will find it really helpful and get lots of support here from a very friendly bunch of people.

I know how you feel as regards to your friends as all my friends deserted me too. I think it is hard for people to understand what it is like to suffer panic/anxiet/depression unless they have experienced it and I am sure they would understand more if you explained it to them, have you tried explaining how you feel to them? Don't worry anyway as you will make lots of new friends here who understand what you are going through. At least you have a supportive family.

Take care and hope to hear more from you soon.
Love Lisaxx

tattybear
13-03-05, 12:25
HI

Ive tried to explain..when i see them but they never are the one to ask how im doing and when i do try to explain they just dont seem to get it...Ive never told them that i was suicidel or any of the worse things...i just dont feel like i can talk to them....

Luckily my family and fiance are fantastic...thats why i wanted to join a forum so i can chat to other peeps who understand.

Thanks guys...hope your all having a good weekend?

Tatty B xx

FAN
13-03-05, 12:42
hi tatty well at least here you can talk about the things that you dont feel able to talk to them about, we wont be shocked at the way you feel and everyone will help you to find the help you need to start towards feeling better

i feel a lot of peoples ignorance towards this is what causes them to walk away as they dont know how to cope with the things you tell them or the way you are feeling
stick around im sure you will be ok

fan x

Gaffertape
13-03-05, 16:59
Hi tattybear,

I know what you're going through, and am trying to cope with the loss of two valuable friends myself. Its very painful, and its very easy to heap all of the blame onto yourself. I don't have any advice, but I wanted you to know that I understand exactly where your coming from.

Gaff

tattybear
13-03-05, 21:46
Thanks guys..its really great knowin i can come here & chat to people who do actually understand me! Its hard belive me! Lol :D

Hope youve all had a good weekend?

Tatty B xx

sal
13-03-05, 22:41
Hi Tatty

Friends has been one of the hardest parts of my illness as much as they tried to understand they didnt. You are lucky to have a supportive family and boyfriend. I accepted that it isnt that my friends dont care but more of a case that ignorance is bliss.

I was a bit like this with people i worked with until i suffered then it was in a completely different light and i was so much more supportive. I regret not understanding but hopefully have made up for this and just accept my friends care even if they cant help me.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.