PDA

View Full Version : IBS related question

aurora
20-02-08, 02:40
Hi everyone,

So I think I have IBS, after doctors ruled out inflammatory bowel conditions, colon cancer, and other things of that nature, but I've never had a formal diagnosis of it. My main symptom is gassiness/indigestion and having to use the bathroom right away. Now, I *think* it comes on when I'm particularly stressed and sometimes lasts for a couple weeks at a time. For example, I had it all last week, but then it stopped over the weekend. Now that the (stressful) work week is back, it's back as well. Actually, the symptoms seem to act up literally seconds after I start worrying about them, yet I don't notice them when I don't think about it! Does this happen to anyone else? Does worrying or thinking about stomach/IBS issues or another stressful matter actually cause them to happen right away? Seems strange to me.

Thanks!

jacq
20-02-08, 10:11
No it is quite normal aurora, as soon as i wake up i feel panicky then the churning stomach and the cramps start, and basically when youv'e gotta go youv'e gotta go. My IBS flairs up when i am really stressed which is all the time at the moment then i can go for weeks with no symptoms at all. Like you my main symptoms are the gas and indigestion and it is agony (sometimes worse than labour- at least you know there will be an end to that) and comes in waves that make me breathless. Have tried all sorts but yet to find anything that helps how about you? i don't really want anything off the doctor if i can help it as he is not very sympathetic to the panic and already thinks i am a hypocondriac!!.

Jacq x

decca
27-02-08, 15:18
I've read that Valium helps with IBS, but I think my IBS has returned since I started taking some Valium, back to getting the horrible "morning rush" after a gap of about 6 months, could be coincidence I 'spose.