PDA

View Full Version : Another year.......

JennyW
20-02-08, 09:53
Well it should be a happy day but today's my birthday but that just makes me think that with age, comes more illnesses :ohmy: I'm 41 today :weep: God, it only feels like last year when I was having my 21st birthday party

What a terrible way to feel on my birthday :ohmy:

It doesn't help I suppose that I'm spending yet another birthday on my own (hubby is in the forces).

jo61
20-02-08, 10:15
Aw Jenny, hope you have a good day. Do you have any friends/family you could hook up with?

cardmaker
20-02-08, 10:26
You're not alone on your birthday Jenny - you have us here at NMP :)

So come on guys, let's help Jenny have a good one. :yahoo:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h71/nuttycluster/birthday.gif

Happy Birthday Jenny.

JennyW
20-02-08, 10:58
gosh :blush: thanks guys....

barbie
20-02-08, 11:18
:hugs: :yahoo: :flowers: :D :shades: :yesyes: :roflmao:

:birthday:

:flowers::roflmao::yahoo::hugs::D:shades::yesyes:

Sheik N Shimmy
20-02-08, 11:54
I'm 41 today :weep: God, it only feels like last year when I was having my 21st birthday party

What a terrible way to feel on my birthday :ohmy:

I know the feeling. I'm going to be 40 later this year and life seems to have flown by. Each year goes by more quickly. But I guess that is a natural perception.

Depression accompanied severe (health) anxiety for me in 2005/2006 and thank God I found this place.

When feeling really down I spent a lot of time reminiscing about people I knew over the years, some of them gone, and places I've been when I was 'happier'. I'd get upset looking at holiday photos from years gone by because I felt that there was no more joy remaining in my life. I lost interest in the things I loved the most. I saw no bright future and life became very dull.

I could write a book on it..... but in short I had gradually lost the Joie de Vivre that I had once taken for granted and yearned to have it back.

I knew I had to do something about it - not just for myself but for my wife and children.

The best thing I did to help myself get some vitality back into my life was to take up light exercise (nothing too strenuous).

Last summer I started off with a 30 minute walk five times a week. I'd do some warm-up exercises first then walk fairly fast for a half an hour or more and then back to have a shower. Not only did I get a bit of exercise but I lost weight and was exposed to the sun which boosts your mood too. I felt on top of the world.

Compared to last winter when I had several colds/flus I've only been hit with one cold this winter. I reckon the body's immunity can be boosted by exercise and healthier eating.

Another thing I found that helped was surrounding myself with things that made me feel better - uplifting music, laughter, visiting places you love (whether Paris or just the local park) and talking to people who make you feel good.

Although I still have my bad days I'm in a far better state of mind than this time two years ago. I haven't taken medication.

You do have to work at it but it can be done.

Life's too precious to spend feeling miserable.

It's Spring, possibly the nicest season in the year. Do some Spring cleaning on your body and your mind.

Best wishes & happy birthday.

chalky
20-02-08, 13:29
Hi Jenny,

Happy Birthday!!!!

:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Another year older,
Another year wiser!

I turned 43 and became a Grandad in the last few months.
You are still just a young pup!!!

best wishes,
Chalky

JennyW
21-02-08, 08:36
thanks guys :yesyes: I went to the cinema with my sister in law and saw my family and got some nice pressies.

I'm feeling better today because "that day" is over - always feels rubbish being another year older.

Have a good day all :shades:

mirry
21-02-08, 08:41
:hugs:

lesleyB
21-02-08, 09:52
Hi, I always look at it this way( iam 63 this year god it looks worse written down) we are really lucky to have reached this age.:yahoo: Glad you had a good day it must be wrotten with your husband away though.
love
Lesleyb:flowers: