PDA

View Full Version : Discovery

helpsarah
20-02-08, 13:53
I was out with some friends last night (the first time I've gone out aside from work or with my husband in a long time). I was sitting across from my girlfriend, Darby, and noticed she kept feeling her neck. Finally I asked, "What are you doing?" She said, "Last night I happened to feel around on my neck and felt something strange moving in there and now I can't stop touching it." Eventually, she asked me to feel it. "Darby," I said, "that's your trachea. If you press on it, it does move side to side." Then she wanted to feel mine, so I let her and she was like, "Oh yeah. It feels exactly the same as mine. But why does mine hurt?" I told her it was probaby because she had been pushing on her neck for the past 24 hours and to leave it alone! Then, my other girlfriend said, "I have a bump behind my ear. Will you look at it?" (I'm not sure why she asked. I do work at a hospital but I'm certainly not a doctor or nurse.) Anyway, I had a look and told her it looked like a pimple or a cyst, but nothing serious, but to see a doctor if she was concerned. Long story short here, I made me realize that everyone worries about their health and bodies from time to time. Those of us with HA just worry more than others....maybe we aren't so different afterall!

countrygirl
20-02-08, 21:30
I am always convinced that everyone else is perfectly healthy and symptom free and that they do not have a single ache or pain or sensation anywhere and thats why they do not worry. I have quite a few chronic illnesses which give me 500 symptms a day without adding on the anxiety ones as well from worrying about the genuine ones!!!

MY husband says everyone has symptoms the difference is that they/he doesn't worry about them and get in a panic.

I wish everyone was more open about their symptoms and worries then we would not feel quite such freaks but of course I try very hard to hide my health anxiety.