PDA

View Full Version : medication

kestral
20-02-08, 17:28
ive been taking meds for blood pressure/colestrol and a mild antidepressant for a few years. my diet hasnt altered much in this time but ive put a lot of weight on. as anybody found medication makes you do this?

chalky
20-02-08, 17:46
Hi Kestrel,

When I stoppd Meds (Effexor then Seroxat for several years) my weight loss was 3 stone in total.
I blame the Meds for the weight gain but that was the price to be paid for the relief provided by them.
Try to increase your exercise programme-even take a few walks extra during the week.This may help offset any weight gain and if not,will help your fitness-both mental and physical.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Atomised
09-04-08, 10:14
Hi Kestral! I moved from Prozac to Mirtazapine and Propranalol MR a number of years ago and put on at least a stone and a half. The meds have helped a heck of a lot, so I've accepted the change in my body shape(I'm in my 40s and originally a West of Scotland male so that has something to do with it too probably!!), and I just try to walk the dog a lot and be active with my 3 young uns. All the best to you.

decca
09-04-08, 18:31
Hi kestrel,
I'm on BP and Cholesterol meds, which Cholesterol ones are you on, do they have side effects from them ?
Decca.