PDA

View Full Version : hello :)

lotus
13-03-05, 15:52
Hey guys;)
My name is Allie, I'm 18 and I'm from Sofia, Bulgaria. I know that most of you are from the UK, but I hope that you don't mind me joining the community.[:I] Please excuse my English, I realise that it's far from perfect. [}:)]

So this is my story ... It all started 8 months ago. I got home one night, went to bed, and all of a sudden felt overwhelmed with anxiety. The next day I felt exhausted and anxious at the same time. Very weird feeling. I was so weak that I couldn't get out of bed. This is how my little personal hell started ;)

I remember that had one similar episode when I was 11. Back then, I also felt anxious but didn't really know what was wrong with me. I thought I was very sick, and that I was going to die. I remember that I was afraid to go to bed because I thought that I might never wake up again. The anxiety didn't stop me from going to school, though. It lasted for about a year, and then it disappeared. After that I remember feeling dizzy from time to time. But then it all passed and I forgot that it had ever happened. Now that I think about it over and over again, I just don't understand how can an 11 year old child have such problems. I just don't get it.

Now the anxiety is much stronger and much more disableing than it was when I was 11. I pretty much stay at home and feel sorry for myself. I know it's wrong and will do my best to change it ;) For quite a long time I thought that things would just ... get better with time. But they don't get better. So ... I have to work hard in order to improve. I know this is kind of obvious, but it took me a while to realise it ;) I decided to make consistent efforts everyday and just take one step at a time. Hopefully, things will get better.

I'm really happy I found you guys[8D] Thank you for reading my story. I'm sure that we're all gonna beat this. And I'm sure that after we get through this we're gonna be even happier that we were before. Good luck to everyone!

Take care,
Allie

FAN
13-03-05, 15:56
hi welcome to the forum im sure you will find it really helps

fan x

lisarose
13-03-05, 16:04
Hi Allie, A big warm welcome to the forum, your english is very good by the way so don't worry.

I am sorry to hear you are having such a hard time at the moment but you have definatley come to the right place for help and support and I am sure you will get lots of advice. Everyone here is very friendly and understanding and we will all try to help you as much as possible. I am 31 and have suffered with anxiety/panic attacks and depression for the last 5 years but it does get better and easier to cope with as time goes on. I still have bad times when I feel totally desperate and overwhelmed by it all and unable to cope in fact i am going through a bad time at the moment but by coming to this site it helps me cope alot better as I know I will get advice and support. Are you on any medication at the moment?

Glad you have found this site, hope to hear more from you soon.
Take care
Love Lisaxx

carlin
13-03-05, 16:07
Hi, welcome to the site, so glad you have found us, you will find a lot of advice and support, i know i have. You sound very positive and, yes, i am sure we can beat this with a lot of hard work and determination, but we will, keep in touch, and by the way, your english is excellent

mico
13-03-05, 16:53
Hi Allie

It doesn't mmatter where you are from, you are more than welcome here, we're all a friendly bunch. You're english is very good too, so don't worry about that either.

It's good that you've realised that the recovery process is down to you and that you have to make it happen yourself. I know that isn't the answer everyone wants, we would all like some kind of miracle cure to just bring us out of this and into the life that we all dream of, but the reality is different. We can still have that life, but we need to accept that we have to create it for ourselves, no one can do that for us.

What we can do though, is offer you plenty of support and advice to help you on your way. This site has helped me a lot since I first came here, I hope it can do the same for you.

Good luck

mico

nomorepanic
13-03-05, 17:01
Allie

Welcome aboard - you are very welcome here and your English is great!

You can get over these issues by working at a little bit at time. It can be done with small steps and eventually these lead into bigger steps and before you know it you are back doing all the things you avoided.

We will do all we can to help you on here.

Nicola

Meg
13-03-05, 17:14
Hi Allie

Welcome aboard.

Children often get worried and anxious - some of their issues are about interactions and expectations at school, who's at home for them, their daily schedule and routine and not being comfortable with changes, any upsets at home, beareavements etc.

You are doing well by recognising that it is get overable but you have to do all the work but getting advice and learning from others experiences does help.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

sal
13-03-05, 17:24
Hi Allie

Welcome to the forum, you will meet lots of lovely people here who will help and support you.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

bubbles
13-03-05, 19:14
Allie,

Welcome to the forum.

I suffer with anxiety/panic (started late in life with me) but, with effort & determination, it gets better in time, & one learns to cope with it in a more positive way.

You sound as though you have a very positive attitude to it already & this will go a long way to helping you to get better.

This site is excellent, everyone understands & will do all they can to help & support you.

Your English is excellent by the way!

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Karen
13-03-05, 22:03
Hi Allie

Welcome to the forum. I've had depression and social phobia since the age of 12, so it can strike at any time.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

clickaway
13-03-05, 23:41
Hi Allie,

Glad you found us, as I think half the battle is meeting people who have an understanding of how we feel. And that's why this site is so good.

Do you know we have a chatroom ?
http://pub4.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/342349380.

I'd be interested to learn what kind of support you get there in Bulgaria.

Take Care

Ray

lainey
14-03-05, 09:22
Hi ALLIE

Welcome to the site, you have come to the right place, we are all here to help one another.
By the way, your English is fantastic.

Take care

Elaine x