PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks and migraines

sadie
12-11-03, 21:21
i have sufered panic attacks for 3 years now as a result of a car accident and a lot of background stress in my life at the time. There have been times when i have felt that I have them under control and then suddenly I am back to square one again. I suffer chest pains, palpatations, irregular heart beats, dizziness, constant nausea and I hyperventalate most of the time. However, over the last 6 months or so I now suffer migraines which the doctor says are a result of the stress I have been feeling. I also get dizziness and nausea with my migraines so sometimes I assume I am panicking due to the similar symtoms which actually starts a panic attack. Does anyone else have experience this.

Sadie.

Laurie28
13-11-03, 09:13
I haver suffered from migraines for a few years and it is a scary experience. I usually catch them when the falshing lights start and take a couple of painkillers. I also go numb in my face, arms and legs. I usually have to go to my bed and stay there for 2 days. It is similiar to panic but lasts longer and I can't function.

Luv
lucky

irbuds
26-11-03, 01:47
Oh I relate big time - migraines scareme lots - i really hate the auras and then thumping (frozen peas to the head) headache that follows. It always makes me feel horrid and scared and dizzy and woozy as Lucky said its 2 days in bed for me too!!