PDA

View Full Version : Breathing TIP

mirry
21-02-08, 11:00
After reading my Dinah Bradley book last night about hyperventilation, she
recommends when you want to get your breathing into your stomach (instead of your chest) a usefull way to do this is to put your arms above your head, by doing this your body has no choice but to breath into your stomach :yesyes: . So I tried it last night and wow it really works , although may look strange when shopping ,lol.

Its a very good book .

franklin2003
21-02-08, 15:36
This is a great tip!!! May look odd, but who cares if it is a step in our recovery, just pretend you're stretching or something. I'd rather look odd and enjoy shopping than be at home wishing i'd be out shopping! Great tip!

jo61
21-02-08, 15:42
LOL MIrry with the shopping!! Good tip. Thanks.

julieb
21-02-08, 22:03
perhaps you could pretend to be reaching for something from a high shelf mirry? lol

ju x

Piglet
21-02-08, 22:36
Lol Mirry well I for one will try that when I'm out - I lay on the pavement in the interests of therapy didn't I, so this will be a peice of cake!!

I love her book too!!!

Love Piglet :flowers:

bet
22-02-08, 00:26
what I find helps me is to place the tip of my tongue on the roof of my mouth(palate I think its called) at where my 2 front teeth meet.

I read it in a book ages ago(cant rem title of book).apparently it is a calming energy point.

worth a try anyway.

bet :hugs:

jojo.72
24-08-08, 22:08
thanks for the tip hun, im just learning how to breath properly and its a lot harder than it sounds, so any tips are very much appreciated. I am soooo happy that iv stumbled across this site its really inspiring in so many ways.

Jo xxxx:)

Nechtan
24-08-08, 23:47
Thanks for the tips. This is something I have had trouble doing and something I really want to be able to do. I'll try that later.

all the best

Nechtan