PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

heididawn
21-02-08, 16:24
Hello
I have for a long time been worried about breast lumps and breast cancer, i got to a stage when i was checking my breasts 10 times a day! I have very lumpy breasts anyway, i have been to the doctors several times to have the lumps checked but they have always been "nothing to worry about" i was given tablets for depression which made me really ill, i am also on a waiting list to see a councellor, 12 weeks!
I was horrified to find at christmas time a large lump different to the "normal" ones and went to see my doctor but because my period was due she told me to go back two weeks later, I was worried sick i shut myself off from everything, didnt eat and was being sick. i went back, the lump was still there so was referred to hosp for scan, which was another 2 weeks. I had the scan and found it was thickening of the tissue. I told myself i wouldnt check my breasts again for a month but only managed 3 days! Now ive made one area really sore keep prodding! Its nice to see im not the only one! by the way im 38
:weep:

yorkylover
21-02-08, 16:42
Hi Heidi and:welcome: .You will get lots of support and friendly advise here.
Best thing is to try and not keep examining so often.I find my booby's get very lumpy near my period and swollen to.:hugs:

Lilith1980
21-02-08, 17:40
Hi Heidi

As Yorkylover says, you'll get loads of advice and support on here hun. Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

kellie
21-02-08, 18:16
hiya hun :welcome: to nmp its great to have you here :yesyes: . i realy understand where you are coming from. i have health anx and when asked to go for a chest xray over a cough i couldnt shift i shut myself away and and never ate and was sick a num of times. comeing here has been so helpful to me. you will get lots of support and advice from all the great members here. you are not alone in how you feel. hope to talk to you in chat sometime. take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.

groovygranny
21-02-08, 20:24
Hello Heidi:welcome: to you!

Our 'wummany bits' have a lot to answer for don't they? And it's hard trying not to allow a healthy concern turn into a raging worry sometimes.

But, your results are good news eh?

Plenty of support and good advice here - try the links over there on the left, some good information and personal stories too.

Pleased to meet you! Hope you feel a bit easier in yourself soon.

:flowers:

Nibbles
21-02-08, 21:36
Hi Heidi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

weeble40
21-02-08, 22:39
Hi welcome to NMP I hope to see you around sometime

Take Care

Emma xx

chalky
22-02-08, 00:47
Hi Heidi,

Welcome to NMP.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

As you can see,there are lots of ladies here who will provide you with support and advice on this issue.
Good luck.
Best wishes,
Chalky

manmoor
22-02-08, 09:34
Hi Heidi,

A big warm welcome to you. Have a read at the health anxiety forum hun and you will find your not alone. xxx

nomorepanic
22-02-08, 21:58
Hi Heidi

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

trac67
22-02-08, 23:51
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Southern_Belle
25-02-08, 00:52
Hi Heidi,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here who feel just like you do and will get tons of support.

Hugs,

Laura

Lindalou64
25-02-08, 16:34
Hello Heidi And Welcome.......i Wish Ya Well...........linda