PDA

View Full Version : controlling ur phobia

natzybabez
21-02-08, 18:58
can anyone tell me how they are able to control their phobia, i try and do something to take my mind of it all the time but its still there has anyone got any advise?
thankyou natz xxx

Gilly96
21-02-08, 19:02
That's a good question because I try and keep myself busy too but as soon I as sit down and try to relax it all comes back!

domino
21-02-08, 19:03
Keep tackling your phobia, after a while it will get easier, and then hopefully disappear.:smile:

Richie
22-02-08, 00:08
Yep like Domino said keep tackling it meaning try to keep challenging it head on," like saying to it come on then show me the worse you can do"
Sometimes trying to bring on your phobia on purpose in a controlled way can make it go away, because then you lose your fear of it, realising it's not as bad as you first thought. If you do this often enough it should calm down to a manageable level hopefully.
Of course though it does take alot of willpower!!!
Good luck, take care Richie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chalky
22-02-08, 00:24
Hi Natzy,

This is where you have to be persistent.
Over many years,as anxious people,we have learnt to think in clearly defined ways.Our minds tread the same well-worn paths.By constantly challenging this thinking,we create new pathways in our mind which do not have anxiety as their destination.
Practise really does make perfect.
Try to do this one day at a time.Build day by day.
best wishes,
Chalky