PDA

View Full Version : Head symptoms...help please

Meewah
21-02-08, 20:27
Please could you help. Recently I keep getting a pressure feeling in my ears, both together followed by a humming sound which then goes after about 20 seconds. The pressure also goes and then I get a wave of lightheaded feeling and my scalp seems to tighten...can anyone explain these symptoms I cant bear going to the docs AGAIN!!!!

Mee

helpsarah
21-02-08, 21:10
it is probably related to anxiety. try not to focus on it and i'm sure it will go away. i sometimes get a weird ringing in my eyes and it is similar to what you discribe. it does feel like pressure and then the ringing comes. it's nothing to worry about. just try to relax. you're fine!

helpsarah
21-02-08, 21:12
oh and the lightheadedness and tingling scalp are probably caused by a surge of adrenaline in your body. likely you notice the pressure/ringing in your ear and you start to immediately get worked up. i'm sure it's all just icky anxiety.

Meewah
21-02-08, 21:29
Thanks

Tom_M
21-02-08, 22:06
Have you had a cold recently? sometimes the tube that connects your ear to your throat (Eustachian tube), which equalizes pressure on your eardrum, can get temrary blocked which would give those symtoms. Best to see your doctor though if you are worried.