PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone - im new

f1widow
22-02-08, 10:54
Hi to all of you - im new so hope im doing this right :scared10: - dont really know where to start - i suffer with panic attacks and agoraphobia and this last "bout" (as I call it has been going on for over a year now) Before Xmas I did have six weeks with a trainee from the mental health team (which I have to say was pretty horrendous and made me worse and if anyone wants to talk on that one I would be happy to!!!)
Im 36, married with a son of 6 - I like card making and my "armchair" (the trainee stated that i sat in my chair too much and to jolly well fix it in the back of my husbands car and go out!!!) so now it has become a bit of a joke in our house - i do have a wicked sense of humour but dont often get to share it these days
Anyway it will be good to join in with you all - im looking forward to talking to people - hear from you soon :hugs: - f1widow xx (ps the name comes from my husband as he works, eats, sleeps f1)

manmoor
22-02-08, 11:19
Hi F1 widow,

A big warm welcome to you. A wicked sense of humour is a valuable asset to have where anxietys concerned hun :yesyes: xxx

f1widow
22-02-08, 11:24
Hi Mandy thanks for your reply - yes to cover up my nervousness i generally joke about myself / experiences i have had - it seems to raise a laugh
thanks again - look forward to talking soon - love f1widow xxx

Angel64
22-02-08, 11:55
Hi, that made me laugh about the chair, I was moving house and because the
ceiling fan in the bedroom had gotten me through so may nights where I was too hot and panicky I didn't know how I would live without it, funny thing was we arrived at the new house and they had an identical ceiling fan in the bedroom that they had left !!

But maybe it is time to ditch the chair ? why not have say an hour without sitting in it then 2 etc, but if all else fails put it in the garden on a sunny day and sit out there !! :shades:

Our Sense of humour is what gets us through without mine I would be lost lol

Christine xx :flowers:

leisa
22-02-08, 12:11
hi f1widow,welcome 2 this site im pretty new but have made stax of fab friends & it was such a relief 2 relate 2 others,as u no our condition can b such a isoliting feelin its nice 2 no ur not alone,so i cum online most days & hope 2 catch up 4 a chat or u can leave me a message,im 37 & have 3 daughters,& im from birmingham,take carexleisaxx

Lilith1980
22-02-08, 12:19
Hey hun, welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

buzzing bees
22-02-08, 13:07
hi and big big welcom to you youv met lots of good frends on here by for now new friend soiry mesage short but ad my morphine base tabbs to day so im tired at mo, by for now

sheba2
22-02-08, 13:48
Hi there.. I'm new too and also have a 6 year old so understand how difficult it is doing school run etc with agoraphobia. I have to take the car and my daughters school is only 200 yards down the road but there is a bend in the road and I can't see the house so I panic. What I mean is I understand the whole chair thing. My sense of humour is going strong. Nice to meet you

f1widow
22-02-08, 14:06
Hi, that made me laugh about the chair, I was moving house and because the
ceiling fan in the bedroom had gotten me through so may nights where I was too hot and panicky I didn't know how I would live without it, funny thing was we arrived at the new house and they had an identical ceiling fan in the bedroom that they had left !!

But maybe it is time to ditch the chair ? why not have say an hour without sitting in it then 2 etc, but if all else fails put it in the garden on a sunny day and sit out there !! :shades:

Our Sense of humour is what gets us through without mine I would be lost lol

Christine xx :flowers:

Hi Christine - thanks for your reply :flowers: - "the chair " is just one of the things the "trainee" commented on - she used to be so stern - I dont envy where she now has a permanent job!!! One time in relation to "the chair" she explained i needed structure to my days (er yes I understand that - house is immaculate most of the time, washing etc done - everything gets done eventually all except the "great outdoors") as if i eventually wanted to return to work and being a mum it was really hard work - err I had actually being doing this full time since son was about year old up until last year when I stopped work.
Unfortunately at the time this "treatment" made me worse now I look back and laugh and dont take to heart all that she said to me - anyway take care of yourself - hope to talk soon - love f1widow xxx:hugs:

f1widow
22-02-08, 14:08
hi f1widow,welcome 2 this site im pretty new but have made stax of fab friends & it was such a relief 2 relate 2 others,as u no our condition can b such a isoliting feelin its nice 2 no ur not alone,so i cum online most days & hope 2 catch up 4 a chat or u can leave me a message,im 37 & have 3 daughters,& im from birmingham,take carexleisaxx
Hi Leisa :flowers: thanks for your kind reply - yes it is good to know that we ar'nt alone - and everyone already seems really friendly - thanks again and yes we will catch up and chat soon - take care - love f1widow xxx:hugs:

f1widow
22-02-08, 14:10
hi and big big welcom to you youv met lots of good frends on here by for now new friend soiry mesage short but ad my morphine base tabbs to day so im tired at mo, by for now

Hi Buzzing bees - many thanks for your reply especially when your so tired today - good to know there are others out there!!! look after yourself and rest up - take care - :hugs: f1widow xxx

f1widow
22-02-08, 14:16
Hi there.. I'm new too and also have a 6 year old so understand how difficult it is doing school run etc with agoraphobia. I have to take the car and my daughters school is only 200 yards down the road but there is a bend in the road and I can't see the house so I panic. What I mean is I understand the whole chair thing. My sense of humour is going strong. Nice to meet you
Hi sheba2 - thanks for your reply:flowers: i totally understand - i cant drive unfortunately but I can do the "school dash" in around 4 mins when running - my poor lad says alright mum slow down im here -there is a field between "the chair" and the school and it might as well be the atlantic ocean - so i totally get the bend thing

Im gonna start a new thread about childrens reactions and whether other people's children understand their problems or make comments - im really interested to know

anyway take care - thanks for replying - hope to catch up soon - and if you need a chat im here :hugs: - love f1widow xxxx

f1widow
22-02-08, 14:18
Hey hun, welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Hi Jo thanks for your reply :flowers: - a really warm welcome ive had today - and it means there are other people out there - just wish my chair was bigger and then you could all come and sit on it with me - ha ha - hope to catch up soon - take care :hugs: love f1widow xxx

chalky
22-02-08, 14:19
Hi F1Widow,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

weeble40
22-02-08, 14:43
hi and welcome to NMP you will find lots of advice and good tips on here, hope to see you around sometime

Emma xx

kellie
22-02-08, 15:40
hiya f1 :welcome: to nmp its great to have you here:yesyes: . im a snooker and football widow. you will get lots of support and advice from all the great members. i know i have, they have been a great help to me. i love a wicked sense of humour and a good laugh it helps gets you through. i look forward to talking to you in the chat room. takecare :hugs: :hugs:.

kellie

groovygranny
22-02-08, 18:51
Hello f1widow:welcome: to you!

Er, sorry, I haven't a clue what 'f1' is.....and I'm intrigued !!! :wacko:

Anyway, glad you joined us - plenty of help support advice and some good laughs here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
22-02-08, 21:57
Hi F1

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

trac67
23-02-08, 00:03
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

slmusto
23-02-08, 00:44
hi f1widow, i to am new here, havent had the courage to post much yet, i'll get there once i find my feet. i just keep having a good look round to get my bearings so to speak. hears hoping we both make lots of new friends here. speak to you soon sarah xx

AngelHeart
23-02-08, 11:12
Hiya F1,
Welcome to the site where you will get lots of help and support as I have found when I recently joined! :yesyes:

Pauline xx

Southern_Belle
25-02-08, 00:50
Hi f1widow,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here who feel just like you do and will get tons of support.

Hugs,

Laura

Lindalou64
25-02-08, 16:49
Hello F1widow And Welcome...i Wish Ya Well.............linda

erialc
25-02-08, 21:04
Hi F1

We have already spoken in chat :)

:welcome:

Wicked sense of humour is always good :roflmao::yahoo::whistles: lol

tc