PDA

View Full Version : mri head and cervical spine

april tones
13-03-05, 21:50
hi all!!! i havent posted for months. im in need of some reassurance if any one can!! cheers. im due my long awaited mri tmw for some health probs i have had since i had my son(17months). i am so scared, scared of it being ms mainly, thats being ruled out. im just scared of whole process really!!! not knowing what to expect. if its a closed or open one? cheers guys!! if i can be any help im here! ive had severe panic attacks, deppression, pnd so just ask xxapril

apriltones

sal
13-03-05, 22:37
Hi April

Good to hear from you. I am no medical expert so cant comment if your scan will be open or closed, but i know my dad had one and it was closed.

You will be okay and we will be thinking of you. This is the start of a process that will hopefully rule out other health problems.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

vernon
14-03-05, 11:05
Hi April, Good luck with the appointment I am sure u will be OK. But one thing I am sure of after you have been your anxiety will be much less As we all hate anything hanging over us. I have to have eye surgery on the 24th of this month and with having this anxiety I am so so scared, but not sure what I am scared of. They dont know if the surgery will be a success but I have no sight left in that eye anyway so I cant lose anything realy, I think I am more scared of getting so frightened i might die of heat attack lol. Thats the way we think when anxious always on the dark side? I have cancelled this surgery everytime for the past nearly 3 years (doing this is only making my anxiety much worst) and realy hope I can go through with it next week. I realy think I know how you feell and hope it all goes well for you. I try lots of relaxing and using affwermations to stop the worry and phobias, sometimes they work a little sometimes they dont as i seem to worked up to relax. Anyway good luck April I am sure you will be 100% better once you have been. take care. Vernon

Meg
14-03-05, 12:00
Hi April,

Hope you're doing well on the whole ..

Yopu could ring the hospital unit ahead of time and warn them you're nervous and ask about whether its an open or closed one.

Try this

MRI SCAN (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=760)

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

april tones
14-03-05, 17:07
hi guys, thanks for postings!! i went!! i was petrified and upset, even more when i was told id be in there for 40 mins. i was ok when i went in the machine, bit cold and occasional twitch as i wasnt very comfy. the staff was so lovely! im so relieved. i searched for mri as i remember someone on here having one, lucky? i cant remember now. that helped too. love april. how is everyone?

apriltones

Meg
14-03-05, 17:28
Good for you April .

Well done on all your progress

Meg

nomorepanic
14-03-05, 19:01
April

Glad it went ok and wasn't as bad as you thought. Now you just need to wait for the results.

Nicola

april tones
14-03-05, 21:47
i know, im worried sick. not as worried as the mri its elf though. my big feaR IS MS as i have some of the symptoms. i hope not. any think else i can cope with. i think i have fibromylagia though, if scan is clear i should be reffered to rhumi. how are you nic? love april xx

apriltones