PDA

View Full Version : It's S'me

sheba2
22-02-08, 13:40
Hello everyone. I joined yesterday but didn't have a lot of time to write this and was so interested in what was happening on the forum I spent ages reading. Anyway I'm looking forward to meeting you all and it's nice to be able to chat to people who know how you feel. I suffer with agoraphobia and panic although my therapist sees these as labels but sometimes it is useful to find a hanger for your problems. I'm 52 (just), married for the second time and have 2 children in their late 20's and a 6 year old. I have struggled with major panic since my late 20's. Looking back it seems such a waste of time and energy but when you're suffering that doesn't mean too much. I have had four bouts of major panic and agoraphobia all of which have lasted for approx. 2-3 years each and am currently working my way through the worst one yet which has lasted just over 2 years. At my worst 18months ago I couldn't leave the chair I was sitting on without an attack. I had to take the phone to the loo and life was hellish. This time I have gone without any medication as although it has helped in the past I felt that I wasn't getting to the root of the problem just locking it up for a few years only for it to break out again.

I have had four lots of counselling and it too has helped especially the latest. I really feel that I am making progress at last. I definitly believe that I have learnt to deal unhealthily with life and that being scared of everything had become a way of life. Strangely I was always thought of as an extrovert. It's amazing how we can fool everyone even ourselves. Although my problem has been going on for so long I really do believe that I can overcome this. I wont bore you all with the symptoms I have here as they will be so familiar to many and I'm sure that we will get to chat about things on the other threads. The thing that surprises me most since logging on here and using other websites is the amount of people who suffer from extreme anxiety. It has reached epedemic proportions and so little is done via the nhs.

Anyway looking forward to chatting, sharing good and bad times.

chalky
22-02-08, 14:28
Hi Sheba,

Welcome to the Forum

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.

Best wishes,
Chalky

weeble40
22-02-08, 14:44
hi and welcome to NMP you will find lots of advice and good tips on here, hope to see you around sometime

Emma xx

kellie
22-02-08, 15:47
hiya sheba :welcome: to nmp its great to have you here :yesyes: . you will get lots of support from all the great members here, i know i have. it will be lovely to talk to you in the chat room so i hope you call in some time. takecare:hugs: :hugs:.

kellie.

jill
22-02-08, 16:07
Hi Sheba,

WELCOME TO THE SITE,

This site, is a great place to be, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Lilith1980
22-02-08, 18:04
Hey Sheba, welcome to the forum hun :)

Jo xxxxx

groovygranny
22-02-08, 19:02
Hello Sheba:welcome: to you!

I'm 53 and have 3 grown up daughters - a 6 year old? Oh, massive respect to you :) !! And congratulations on your marriage. Drop me a PM if you want to chat anytime.

Plenty of help and support here as you've probably already found - and it sure helps to know you're not alone doesn't it?

Anyway, glad you found us and joined - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
22-02-08, 21:55
Hi Sheba

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

trac67
23-02-08, 00:07
Hi Sheba,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

PUGLETMUM
23-02-08, 15:54
:) hi sheba, i also hope to get to know you as you sound as though you are dealing really well with all that you are going through and i really admire your positive attitude:yesyes: emma

sarajane
24-02-08, 15:17
Hi Sheba and welcome to NMP.
Love Sarajane

Southern_Belle
25-02-08, 00:38
Hi Sheba,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here who feel just like you do and will get tons of support.

Hugs,

Laura

Lindalou64
25-02-08, 16:51
Hello Sheba And Welcome .......i Wish Ya Well.........linda

Paddington
28-02-08, 12:54
Hi Sheba ,and welcome to the site:hugs: I am53 [just:) ]and have a similar history to you with the anxiety etc.I am so glad to meet you.Yes pm me any time you feellike comparing notes:flowers: So glad you found us:D Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nibbles
28-02-08, 17:40
Hi Sheba and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Pink Princess
28-02-08, 18:11
http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/71/71936kbw8xt9ahx.gif

welcome to the site sheba. take kare xxxxxx