PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

ricardo1
22-02-08, 14:22
I'm new to all of this relatively speaking however have had slight brushes with Health Anxiety / Hypochondria in the past and all the debates with my Doctor that go with this.

Over the last three to four weeks I have developed a sore pain in my right hand side lower rib with various back pains and my Doctor has again put it down to anxiety , I know myself Iam stressed out and at a low ebb.

Is it possible with such as Health Anxiety to have "real pain" and various symptoms which can be there largely all the time over a number of weeks.
Every twinge I get in additio too the sore ribs I associate with anothe symptom of something Ive read until I'm worried sick and latching on to all the worst case scenarios.

Can anyone offer any words of comfort / advice in this regard

slavetoanxiety
22-02-08, 17:15
Hi
I have had lots of pains like this recently and I have had lots of tests endoscopy, chest xray, ultrasound and ECG. All of the tests have been negative but at the time the pain and symptoms I was having were very real. I have been reassured by the test results and my symptoms have largly gone as I have relaxed. If you are still not happy go back to the docs for another talk and hopefully you will be given further tests or you may just need to be reassured that there is no problem.

best wishes

Slave