PDA

View Full Version : Meet me in Sainsbury's!!!!

sheba2
22-02-08, 14:27
Hello all. I have been pondering on this point for a long time. When I am feeling reasonable I manage to go to Sainsbury's for our weekly shop with my husband. Most times I just sit in the car too scared to go in but occasionally I will manage to get in there and at least do the fruit and veg section. If I am being strict with myself I manage a few more aisles before I have to make a run for the door. I try and make myself not leave the shop and stand just inside the door waiting for the panic to subside. While standing there I concentrate on all the other people to see if they are showing any signs of panic. I often wonder if the person who watches the security camera has noticed how often I am 'hanging around' I must look really shifty. :D

As there appears to be so many of us suffering from panic and shops are one of the worst places I thought it may be just the place to have a group therapy session. I wonder if any supermarkets would be interested. After all some now have childrens learning and play areas and they are usually near the door which is a must for me. Is this a mad idea or what?

Next time your in a supermarket look out for me panicking at the door and give me a wave.! I'll be looking out for you:winks:

Emilys
22-02-08, 14:30
Hi Sheba
What a fabulous idea,although i can handle supermarkets now, i like you couldnt make it past the fruit and veg isle once ......
x

f1widow
22-02-08, 14:39
Hi sheba2 - what a great idea - i pace myself (if i do go to shop - its 5 mins from house so gr8 - havnt been in hubbies car properly for 8 months so no superstores!!!) by the aisles and how i feel if really bad outside like you - and depending on how good i am can do first aisle or 1st and 2nd etc - my husband had'nt realised this "way of dealing" until he said oh i want so and so and i replied oh cant possibly get that thats in aisle 5!!!
Ive looked at people and thought are you panicing - how are you coping etc etc - and i wonder do you think they can tell what we feel????? hmm
take care f1widow xxxxx

weeble40
22-02-08, 14:47
Hi I also freak out in sainsburys Ill meet you by the door lol, I think its the lighting in there, does the lights effect anyone else?????

Emma xx

f1widow
22-02-08, 14:49
Hi - yes certain strip lighting and background noise - can make it unbearable - some shops worse than others - f1widow xxx

sheba2
22-02-08, 15:39
noise is a big thing for me as I am virtually deaf in one ear. I find noise very disorientating which makes me feel dizzy which makes me scared which makes me panic and so on.

AceR1mmer
22-02-08, 15:45
Im more scared of the journy.......once im there i deal with it and feel better after abit, somtimes it'll come back but it goes away after afew mins.

Not sure my i fear actualy going there to getting there, but there we go

Kim Baker
22-02-08, 19:05
Hi!:emot-wave:

I did not panic in Supermarkets but the "Weekly Shop" stressed me out!:ohmy:

5 Months ago I decided to do my weekly food shop on-line with Tesco's:)

It's brill!!! - have got it down to a fine art now - it takes about 30-40 mins to
order and I can have a nice cuppa whilst doing it :winks:

They deliver right into my kitchen so no heavy lifting:lac:

I really recommend it!:yahoo:

Love,
Kim X