PDA

View Full Version : Hangovers??

Emilys
22-02-08, 14:32
I have the most horrendous panic attacks (worst ever) when i have had a heavy drinking sesh the night before does anyone else find this?
and do you no why?

thanks.x

amandaj
22-02-08, 14:58
i do i have my anxiety and panic a hundred times worse next day , i been told its cos alcohol is a depressant

AceR1mmer
22-02-08, 15:11
Alc effects anxiety similar to the way caffine does, its best to keep drinking to a small amount.
Also to stop yourself from getting hangovers, drink alot of water when you come home, alc causes your body to dehydate and this is what causes the hangover.
Eating somthing greesy also helps as it displaces the alc in your body, basicly it soaks it up like a sponge.

kaz79
24-02-08, 14:39
Yep. I know all about that. Had to stop drinking as a result.
It because alcohol is a depressant. Relaxes you, but the hangover is a sort of comedown and makes you feel a million times more anxious.

LOULOUXXX
24-02-08, 15:57
yes im suffering now !! panic attacks r always worse after a heavy nights drinking or when ur tierd !!! in fact they r 10 times worse .... its horrible i know wat ur going through !! i think every1 feels ruff after a night out though ... its just if u suffer from a mental illness its worse .. i love going out and having a drink it totally relaxes me and i dont feel panicy atall . its the nxt day i feel like death ... but its worth it i think !! ?? its something that will go in time if u dont worry about it ... having apanic attack wont kill or hurt u ... it just feels that way ... and if u worry more about the panic attack and r scared of it the more it will b with u . so the best thing to do is ignore it and try and do something that gets ur mind off urself ??! xxxx louise xxxx

chalky
24-02-08, 16:28
Hi Emily,

Heavy boozing and anxiety go together like strawberry jam and baked beans-
I'm hoping you don't have strange food cravings!!!

alcohol is a depressant-doesn't mix well especially with Meds.

Your body is just telling you that you are pushing it too hard.

Best wishes,
Chalky

Lilith1980
24-02-08, 16:52
Hi Emily

Yep, I am the same. If I have a bad hangover I feel extremely anxious and down about things. I dont want to be around people at all.

I try to be more mindful of how much I drink and yes, it would help to try and drink water before you go to bed. Although I tend to want to curl up in bed and sleep after a night out so I normally forget!

Jo xxxxx

samtheman
24-02-08, 16:53
I've never had 1 panic attack since giving up alcohol, so what does that tell you? And I suffered with them for 10 years.

Zanxiety
24-02-08, 17:47
It's interesting you mention that, because ever since I've been having less Lucozade, despite the fact I still drink a fair bit, I've been feeling less panicky.

As the result, I think it's drinks with high amounts of caffiene including alcohol which ecourages the likelyness of symtoms from panic and anxiety. It's best to try and drink small amounts of alcohol, and have more water. If you ever get tempted to drink lots of alcohol, try to destract yourself like reading a funny book, or resting and imagining a beautiful place in your mind on a beach or something related.

And just think, it'll be worth it in the end if you want to avoid the side effects alcohol gives you.

sheba2
24-02-08, 20:34
I never drink alcohol I really hate the taste of anything with even a smidgen of alcohol in it but why if you know it makes the panic worse do yu even bother. I really don't understand that. If someone found out that eating or drinking a specific thing caused my pa's I sure as hell would never go near it again.

AceR1mmer
24-02-08, 20:50
Gota agree there, why have more reasons for anxiety then needed.
i only ever drink a small amount, and thats rare