PDA

View Full Version : First Good day in ages!

clickaway
14-03-05, 00:05
I feel like posting a few words as today has been my first good day for a month.

I seem to get all stressed up when I have something to attend, as its not 'normal' for me. I can cope with the doctors and my psychotherapist, but on Friday I had to see the Occupational Therapist at 10am - a time I'm usually asleep. Added to which I had the fear of being given some tasks, and I was concerened how I could handle them with the stress.

Anyway, all went well with her on Friday. As I don't have much company at home, it really lifted me when she offered to visit me for the next appointment.

This seems to have had a positive psychological effect on me, as I will be having a 'different' visitor, but the sum of my people contact will still be the same!

So after weeks of just walking down the road (sometimes not even that), yesterday I went to Guildford (the next door town) by public transport, but today took the train up to London - a 50 minute journey. This entailed driving to the station, my first drive for 3 to 4 weeks.

I now must continue to build on this mental strength, but I know how this goes....

Ray

Karen
14-03-05, 00:30
Hi Ray

So glad you've had such a good day. You've made some great progress with getting out and about, as well as tackling driving.

You will get there Ray, with little steps. Well done.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

bubbles
14-03-05, 00:45
Ray,

You have done really well over the past couple of days--well done.

I understand completely the getting stressed about having to be somewhere in the morning hours. I'm very much 'an owl' & really don't 'do'/can't handle mornings. I sleep the normal amount, most of the time, but just in a different time zone to what most call normal!

The outcome has been positive, though, for you, including a future home visit from the OT.

Keep up the good work!

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Meg
14-03-05, 09:04
Ray ,

Thats really fantastic news all round.

So now if you happen to have a blip you will know and hold onto this improvement as you know it is achievable and within your grasp again.

Keep it up . Do something to aid your recovery every day.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

lainey
14-03-05, 09:12
Hi Ray

Well done you, you have done so well, kep up the good work.
You must be so pleased with yourself.

Take care

Elaine x

sal
14-03-05, 09:16
Hi Ray

Well done you and lets hope it continues and when the next blip arrives you got this thought to hold on to.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

FAN
14-03-05, 10:36
brilliant news that your having some good days glad your on the up.........feels good doesnt it:D

fan x

vernon
14-03-05, 11:30
Hi Ray, Thats realy great mate, realy happy for you . I am the same with appointments. I had my Phyco education for my CBT last week and it is a hour away and started at 9 30amlol. Like u i dont get up them times. But was shaky and panicy on getting up and going but felt realy great all day after doing it. Well done ray cya. Vernon

angieb
14-03-05, 17:26
Hi Ray - WELL DONE YOU[8D]

Big steps indeed. I noticed from your post that you do not have many friends visiting, perhaps as an addition to your recovery now you could maybe find local interest groups where you could meet new friends.

Tell them first meeting about your anxiety - take away the fear of them finding out. If they are uncomfortable with it - fine - that is their choice but I bet you find a lot of people that are just genuinely interested and up for support.

Keep up the good work Ray...Angie

sal
14-03-05, 18:04
Hi Ray

Get yourself to Burdocks tonight and ill buy you a pint!!!!

Well done

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Tracy68
14-03-05, 18:29
Hi Ray
Well done you must be feeling pretty proud of yourself right now :D, keep it up.
Take care
Tracy
x

nomorepanic
14-03-05, 18:47
Ray

A big well done to you and a big hug too:D

Glad you are feeling so positive about it all. Keep it up ok [Yeah!]

I'll buy you a pint too - see you in the bar!
xx

Nicola

clickaway
14-03-05, 18:55
Thanks for your messages of support guys, but I feel one or two of the girlies are trying to get me drunk :D

Today has been something of a reality check. After rising at 10.30 (early for me), I went for a stroll and then for a shortish drive this afternoon.

Felt lousy afterwards and had some kind of panic attack I think (mine seem to be less intense but longer).

But I must keep on remembering that I made it in the car again, which was positive. Yesterday was such a bonus to me, I'm going to keep rememebering it.

Cheers!

Ray

FAN
14-03-05, 23:08
hi ray it seems you know us all too well.........we are trying to get you drunk :D

you said "today has been a reality check"............yes it has today was sent to try you and hey you still got past it which should give you the confidence to tackle what ever else or other days you get

you can do it, keep it up :D

fan x