PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety effect your teeth - need advice?

reddevil
22-02-08, 18:24
Hello all,

It all started Wednesday dinnertime, after eating some chicken and chips for my dinner. After eating my dinner, my lower left gum/teeth hurt, which I ignored thinking it was nothing.

Today is Friday and it's still hurting, so as usual I have started to panic and my anxiety is getting higher day by day and I'm thinking all negative things like mouth cancer or gum cancer etc.

Today, I booked myself in to see a dentist next Tuesday, incase the pain ius still present, which has not helped my anxiety incase she finds something serious or nothing at all etc as my friend at work told me that he used to work with somebody who had tooth ache and the dentist could not find anything. After seeing a doctor for a scan, it turned out to be a brain tumour pushing on a nerve, which has got me freeked out as it killed him.

I have looked in the mirror and noticed things, which I wish I never noticed.
My top gum looks red with white parts, which I'm not sure if all mouths are like this etc.

I have been well of late but have just hit yet another anxiety hurdle in life?

Red

sandbanks
22-02-08, 22:42
Hi Red

I Have The Same Prob, My Teeth And Gums Are Always Hurting, Its Where I Grind My Teeth At Night. Teeth And Jaw Really Hurts In The Morning, And In The Day I Make An Effort To Make Sure Im Not Clenching My Teeth And Jaw, I Also Suck A Lot Of Sweets Because Alway Suffer With Dry Mouth, And Thats Not Helping Me, Last Time I Went To Dentist, Said I Was Grinding My Teeth Down, Had A Coating Of Something To Protect Teeth, Told Me To Make Sure I Brush Prob, And Use Floss, And Mouthwash, Which I Do, Its Helped With Bleeding Gums, But Not Teeth And Jaw Ache!!!!!!!!!!

Please Try Not To Worrie, Go To The Dentist And All Will Be Sorted. And U Can Put Your Mind At Rest,
Let Me Know How U Get On
Sandy