PDA

View Full Version : Any Homepathic Remedies

sadie
12-11-03, 22:42
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any Homepathic remedy which helps panic attacks and anxiety as I would be really interested in giving it a go?

Sadie

nomorepanic
13-11-03, 14:02
Sadie

A lot of people on here are using the Bach Flower remedies. Take a look at http://www.bachflower.com/

You can buy them in most chemists/health food stores. The one that has been recommended is called "Resuce Remedy".

I went (many years ago) to see a homeopathist (is that what they are called) but I was little disappointed in her cos it cost me £20, she talked a lot and gave me just ONE tablet to take away. I never went back, but I am sure there are others that are much better.

The one to take is called "aconite" - again available in most chemists etc.

Nicola

Meg
13-11-03, 15:13
You have to be selective when choosing these as it all depends on the origins of the stressors which one to use. The one Nic mentioned is mainly used for situations arising from a sudden shock.

Boots do quite a good alternative meds guide - free, when in stock- at the point where the Bach remedies and homeopathy remedies are. Always start with a 6 strength if you're doing it yourself.

I went to see someone who 'overdosed' me on kali phos and I had a mega panic attack on the M3.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kate
13-11-03, 20:54
I have been using Rescue Remedy now for 5 days and although I didnt expect it to work, I think it is really taking the edge off the panic! Felt quite "chilled" today, havent felt like that for years lol. Will see how it goes though!

Kate x

benoo5
13-11-03, 21:36
thats great news kate! are you taking it as meg suggests?

ive been reading as much as i can about <kava kava>,and i wonder if the eu will ever allow it to be sold again...after all,they reckon our bananas are the wrong shape!

i really hope they allow it back...possibly with a warning..not to be taken with alcohol..as from all ive read ,its the best herbal remedy available for panic etc....just my oppinion...bryan

twister
13-11-03, 21:48
I still have a handful of Kava Kava left, it is great stuff. Anyone know any dealers out there?![}:)]

nomorepanic
13-11-03, 22:02
I still can't find resuce remedy in any stores/chemists etc.

Sarah suggested Superdrug but I will need to go to town for that. I will keep looking

Nicola

sadie
13-11-03, 22:04
just found out one of my work mates suffers panic attacks also and she takes a herb called magnolia which he recommended since kava kava has been taken off the market. Does anyone know anything about this herb?

sadie

kate
13-11-03, 22:44
Bryan, I bought the spray formula not the drops formula so I am doing 2 squirts before I go to work. I am very sceptical about ANYTHING having an effect on my anxiety so I can only assume that it is actually working as opposed to my imagining it to be! Can you actually use the squirty type in water and if so, how many squirts would you use?

Kate x

Meg
13-11-03, 23:02
Hi,

Magnolia bark has a long history of use in China for stress relief and relaxation. Research suggests magnolia contains substances that enhance the effects of key brain chemicals – called neurotransmitters – that promote relaxation. These substances have also been shown to enhance the ability of the adrenal glands to respond to stress.

You can buy kava kava on the net or from most non EU countries ie Switzerland and still the US at present although they're reviewing it.

Kate - I wouldn't be spraying it into water - just have another squirt at lunchtime if you need it. I'm pleased it's helping, it's subtle but I found did take the edge off difficult situations.
I still have one in the car somewhere- great for small RTA victims who're in shock/anger from a fender bender.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...