PDA

View Full Version : swallowing

lin
14-03-05, 13:37
hi all

i hope this is another part of anxiety i keep swallowing all the time its been like this for ages now. When i swallow alot my stomach feels bloated and then i cant eat properly. I did read its called aerophagy {air swallowing} does any1 have this problem.

lin

lainey
14-03-05, 13:54
Hi Lin

I don't get this but when I am feeling very anxious I tend to burp a lot and feel bloated so I think sub-consciously I do over swallow, try drinking a fizzy drink to help you burp, might get rid of some of the bloating.

Take care

Elaine x

Tracy68
14-03-05, 15:50
Hi Lin
From ttime to time i feel myself constantly swallowing but i did read somewhere that it is part of anxiety. Not pleasant while its happening though.
Take care
Tracy
x

Meg
14-03-05, 15:56
Yes it is common .

Saliva goes thick too and makes it harder to swallow and often appears with a usual tight throat...... as Lainey says - keep it at bay with a fizzy drink which keeps you burping.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Heebyjeebies
14-03-05, 16:18
Yes, get this a lot - especially when I first wake up feeling panicky. Get a tight throat with it aswell. Not nice.

Heeby

seh1980
14-03-05, 17:18
I get that sometimes. I distract myself and try to forget about it and realise later that I am no longer doing it. :D