PDA

View Full Version : Battles...

kaz79
24-02-08, 14:50
I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety since I was 12 (I am now 28). I managed to shake them off from the age of about 14 till I was 18 when they came back with a vengence!!!

At that time, my mum took me to see a hypnotherapist. This worked really well and I was free for a further 6 years.

Then, in 2004 I had a really bad attack on the tube. It was the start of a downward spiral which led to me moving out of London and back to my home town by the sea, and the subsequent break up of my marriage.

I drank heavily to try and hide from it, but gave up drinking all together to try for a baby with my new partner.

my pregnancy went fine, although I did get anxious occasionally. I gave birth to twin girls in april 2007. Since then I have been battling the panic and anxety again. It seems to be getting worse.

I am now seeing a hypnotherapist again. Im hoping, for my sanity that this works again. I have tried medication. CBT psychotherapy all to no avail.

Im living in hope yet still in fear.

chalky
24-02-08, 15:32
Hi Kaz,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Many more senior members have posted abou relapses or set-backs along the way.I think it would be odd if we didn't all come to that point at some time.
You have come through so much already.
Believe in yourself and your ability to overcome this setback.
best wishes,
Chalky

sheba2
24-02-08, 21:57
Hi Kaz

I have suffered with panic attacks since my teens too. I am hopefully coming to the end of my fourth/fifth bout at the age of 52. I am doing everything I can to make this the last time panic rules my life. My worst attacks have been after the births of my 3 children. The last being born 6 years ago and the first while I was in my early 20's. I think lots of things can trigger panic feelings and once you've had one you are more susceptable to them. Whilst having children is wonderful it also brings lots of responsibility and worry some of it at a normal level and some which becomes irrational. I find the concept of being responsible for a young baby/child when I don't always feel able to look after myself makes me really anxious and although probably everyone who has a child worries about the same things as me I find they dominate my life. This I have discovered comes from my own fears of never feeling safe and looked after (even though I have never had any really bad experiences) What I am trying to say is that dealing with the panic and overcoming it is one thing but sometimes it helps to understand why you react the way you do and see if you can work that out too. I have found my short time on this site to be so enlightening reading about others experiences it is really worthwhile having a good look. Keep in touch and I hope things improve soon.