PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for panic

jill
24-02-08, 21:46
Hi all,

I know full well, that sometimes it plays on our minds where are first panic has come from, we get sooo frustrated, we feel it just came out of the blue. Panic, does not come out of the blue, it comes from somewhere, but finding it can be dame hard. I do know where mine came from, do you?

I won a raffle on nmp, yaa go me. Phill, sent me my prize, (panic, anxiety books) soo very nice of him. This recipe was in one of the books, I am not sure if this has been written befor on here, ohh mind mind just forgets sometimes, I have read sooo many threads that have helped me sooo much. Maybe this recipe may help YOU, Undersand where your first pa has come from.

Sooo,

RECIPE FOR PANIC.

(serves none)

4 truckloads of guilt
16 cups of shoulds
4 bags of perfectionis
12 busloads of criticism (self or outside)
10 barrel of low self asteam
20 tons of negative thoughts
80 kilos off exaggeration
1 football field of worrying
A large pinch of sense of failure
1 period of insomnia

Combine with any of the following...

1 major life change
1 or more relationship problem(s)
1 or more drug problem(s)
1 prolonged period of tension
1 set of gynoecological problem/hormonal change
1 inability to relax
1 ridiculous work load
1 unhappy childhood
1 set of sexual problems
1 family memeber with panic disorder or anxiety condition
1 biological predisposition

Ingredients may vary with each individual

Allow mixture to simmer for most of a lifetime.

Hope this helps

Wishing you all well.

LOVE JILLXXX

sheba2
24-02-08, 22:05
Thanks for that jill.

It has taken me a long time to really understand this. I have suffered for so long and have always believed that the panic just happens and tried really to just cope with the symptoms. While this is important and a great thing to be able to do I now know that the whole way I deal with life has resulted in me finding that my lifeskills are pretty weak and that I need to be taught some pretty basic things which I am at last managing to do through counselling.

Richie
24-02-08, 23:13
Hi Jill xxx
yep that's the recipe that did it!!

pity i had to put the damn thing in the oven!! :) :(
Thanks JIll it's so so true, sums it all up pretty well i reckon
Love Richie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jill
25-02-08, 00:12
Hi Sheba,

It does take along time to undetstand things, because Mr P and Mrs A are filling you full of (sh*t) have you ever noticed how they never have anything nice to say? its all negative, mm as we know, Mr P and Mrs A needs our negative scary thoughs to survive.

I do know what you mean about your lifeskills being weak, mine where too, still working on them, but dealing with this, day in and day out, trying to change the way I think, little by little picking away at all my negative thinking, in all parts of my life.

Its great to hear that the counselling, is helping, WELL DONE. Its dame hard, but well worth it. I have been going it alone, well with the help and support of my rocks, My mum and sis and this great site with help on all threads have gotten me where I am today and that is feeling better.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

jill
25-02-08, 00:23
Hi Richie

Mmm, not a very good recipe,

**pity i had to put the damn thing in the oven!! ** this did make me laugh, my oven was sooo overflowing we things, I crashed and burned, its been in the oven for sooooo long, thought I would take it and and try and find another recipe. A recipe for a panic, high anxiety free life, mmm, what shall I put in that recipe. can you think of anything?

CAN anyone, thinK what to put in our Panic, free recipe?

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX