PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Cathie
14-03-05, 17:47
Hi, I've been suffering from panic attacks and emetaphobia for about 6 years now, I'm now 19. It all started after I had glandular fever or something like that. I became quite agoraphobic, kept having panic attacks when i tried to leave the house. I eventually overcame that when my mum dragged me into school and forced me to go to my lesson. My panic attacks went away after that, or I didn't get them very often. I was still emetaphobic, and I would think about sick every day.

I started at university in October and really enjoyed it, until I got ill in December. I had flu or something and was really ill 4 a while. Since then I am constantly anxious, constantly thinking I'm going to be sick, even though I haven't in years and never did it much. Going to lectures has become hard, and I keep having panic attacks during them.

The doctor gave me citalopram but it really didn't agree with me; and sent me for counselling, which I think is helping. I'm also trying to eat better as I have been eating terribly recently. It's been really good to find this website, as I now know I'm not alone.

So, if anyone can identify with me, it'll be good to know.

Thanks
Cathie
xx

sal
14-03-05, 17:54
Hi Cathie

Welcome to the site. You will get lots of help on here and you can see you are not alone. There are great topics to read.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Meg
14-03-05, 17:55
Hi Cathie ,

Welcome

We've had lots of emotophobia sufferers pass by .

Do use the search facility on this page to find their previous posts .

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

seh1980
14-03-05, 18:00
Welcome aboard!! :D

lainey
14-03-05, 18:03
Hi cathie

Welcome to the site you'll get loads of help and support here.

Take care

Elaine x

Karen
14-03-05, 18:06
Hi Cathie

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

FAN
14-03-05, 18:10
hi welcome to the forum

fan x

Tracy68
14-03-05, 18:21
Hi Cathie
Welcome to the site, i'm sure you will find plenty of help and support from everyone on here.
Take care
Tracy
x

nomorepanic
14-03-05, 18:26
Cathie

Hi and welcome aboard. There are quite a few on here that suffer from the same thing so I am sure they will all post replies to you too.

Hope to hear more from you.

Nicola

bubbles
14-03-05, 19:35
Cathie,

Welcome to the site. You'll find lots of friendly people & support here.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

jill
15-03-05, 09:15
Hi Cathies,

Welcome to the site,

There are lots of nice people here who will help and
support you.

TAKE CARE LOVE JILLXX

When you are afraid, do the things you are afraid of
and soon yo will lose your fear of it.

delta
15-03-05, 09:24
Hi Cathie
You will find this site very informative and supportive.
:D
D

tattybear
15-03-05, 09:34
Hi

Welcome to the site..i joined a couple of days ago and its fantastic.its so good to know however lonely and weird you feel inside...theres everyone on here who also feels the same! I dont mean that in a bad way.its hard for no sufferes to fully understand how you feel...whereas on here...people do understand.

Can i ask what emetaphobia is please ive never heard of it (sorry).

Tatty B xx

Cathie
15-03-05, 13:09
Hi

Thanks for all the greetings, really nice of u all.

Emetophobia is the phobia of being sick.

Cathie
xx