PDA

View Full Version : double dosage

sophia_x
25-02-08, 16:39
hi. iv been on 20 mg daily for about 2/3 years but recently have been feeling very low. My doctor wants me to take two 20mg a day but im scared of feeling drugged up/other side effects!:scared10:

has anyone else had to double the dose before?

x x x

sandbanks
25-02-08, 16:55
hi sophia
which meds hon!!
sandy

sophia_x
25-02-08, 17:00
oo sorry. prozac!

x x x

coxwit
26-02-08, 16:50
I am on 40 mgs Prozac right now and have been for 4 weeks....only started Prozac about 6 weeks ago....so I am still dealing with some of the side effects (nothing too unusual).....I certainly don't feel doped up....My Psychiatrist said that 20mgs is the usual dosage for depression but normally 40 mgs for Anxiety....I have alreaddy started to feel less anxious in General in that I don't obsess about my health all day and am better able to focus and concentrate...hoping that I continue to improve and that it will work for you as well.

Andy

Granty
04-03-08, 10:50
Hi Sophia,

I started fluoxetine 5 years ago on 20mg and it worked wonders for me for a couple of years. I would always come off it then go back on and each time never quite felt is was as effective.

I am now on 40mg and have read that 'poop-out' can happen to as many as 1 in 5 anti-depressant users - especially if you fluctuate with taking them, etc.

Try to keep positive - if this one worked for you for a good few years then the chances are you'll respond well to another one in future or an increased doseage of the same one.

Best of luck.

Granty

emm1397
25-06-08, 13:21
Hi
I went from 20mg for a few months to a few weeks of 20mg one day and 40mg the next (as pills didnt come in 10mg to up dose) and now have gone up to 40mg. Feel shattered and a bit doppy but i think some of that is because i am back at work and trying to do more. Spoke to dr last night and he said not to take Kalms mid day with prozac as it is a sedative and was probably making me super tired.

Otherwise no side effects

coxwit
25-06-08, 15:07
I am up to 60 mgs per day now and have been for a couple of months now and the side effects have finally died off (mostly digestive system related) and am feeling relatively normal and good now.

Andy

EmmaJane
25-06-08, 15:38
Hi I started on 20mg of Prozac, then up it to 40mg. In myself, as in side effects, drowsiness etc, I didnt feel any different. Although, mentally the 40mg made a big difference to my recovery.

Im not on any now.

Good Luck

NeonPink
30-06-08, 07:23
The only time I felt side effects was when I was on 60mg after a crisis. I am now back 40 mg and I have no side effects at all.