PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Creidne
14-03-05, 19:45
Hi
My name is Claire, I live in hampshire and I get panic attacks.

I'm on fluoxetine and beta blockers with the occasional diazepam although I try desparately not to take them cos they remove my brain!

I was Medically discharged from the RAF cos of the panic, although I had them before I joined up but they went, then came back, then they went....now back with a vengance.

I was taking seroxat a couple of years ago, I don't know what you guys have experienced on it but never, ever again!!

I look forward to talking to you in the future, on bad days I can't talk to people online, let alone phone or go out, so if I'm taking a while to respond to something, no worries its only me!!!

Strength and willpower to you all

Claire xxxxx
(Creidne) (It's irish - i'm not!!) xx

love

tracyp584
14-03-05, 19:52
hey claire,

I also get panic attacks, and have done on and off for the last 2 years. I've never taken seroxat, i have recently started on citalopram, and am still dealing with side effects!

I'm glad you have found the site, you will find so much support and help here..
Take care!

tracy x x

Meg
14-03-05, 20:24
Hi Claire

Welcome to the site

Do you want to share a bit more about your circumstances - what brings them on - how you cope, who's around you and how they support you ?

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

bubbles
14-03-05, 20:30
Claire,

Welcome to the site.

I also get panic attacks & have general anxiety though things are improving, many more good days now. I take Sertraline & have found they have helped, given me a 'breathing space'. Side-effects for the first 2 weeks or so but then ok.

You'll get lots of help & support on here--& with support & determination it will get better for you.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Karen
14-03-05, 21:58
Hi Claire

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

lainey
14-03-05, 22:08
Hi Claire

Welcome to the forum, yu'll get laods of help and support here

Take care

Elaine x

seh1980
14-03-05, 22:39
hi Claire,

Welcome aboard!!

Sarah :D

FAN
14-03-05, 22:42
hi welcome to the forum

fan x

vernon
14-03-05, 22:50
Hi Clair welcome to the site u will get lots of help here. I was prescribed seroxat a few months ago but heard so many bad tales didnt take them. Then i was given prozac (same as what u have) Took them for 4 weeks, but looked around different sites and forums and found they had helped people with depression but not panic and anxiety. I was told by quite a few people with anxiety and panic that cipralex where good. So i asked my gp for this. I found It has helped me lots but still get real bad days between.I also had Vallium which like u i try not to take. I havnt taken one for a month now. I have also suffered years and like u it seems to return. But i have had lots of happy years too. I still beleive I will get better Its just finding the right thing that works for each different person. I have tried just about everything and relaxation many timesbut now I have stuvk to the relaxation togerther with affermations and find this time i think its working, but u have to keep at it and daily wether u feel ok or not. I found for a long time this didnt seem to work but sticking at it seemed to. A good book I also found helps me a lot is Essential Help For Your Nerves by Claire Weekes. Its a 400 page book but well broke into sections and reading a little of this each night before sleeping also helped me a lot. Well hope you get to feel better soon and find your answer. take Care. Vernon

jill
15-03-05, 09:04
Hi Claire,

Welcome to the site,

LOVE JILLXXX

When you fear something.
Learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

delta
15-03-05, 09:45
Hi Claire :)

Welcome to the site.
I started getting panic attacks about 15 years ago, I imagined all sorts was wrong with me which made matters worse, my GP didn't mention panic attacks and sent me away saying I was just stressed, I took a week off work and as there was no name for my illness I went back to work, the panic got worse until I read about someone with anxiety/PA in a newspaper article, they recommended the book by Dr Claire Weekes. Have you read it? I would highly recommend it, it helped explain my symptoms and made me realise I wasn't about to drop dead, I have never taken medication for my PA, I have also managed to cope with breathing exercises as when I feel a pA coming on I tend to hold my breath and try and run outside, I still suffer occasionally from them but I can get through them better now.
Take care
Donna

Laurie28
15-03-05, 11:17
Hiya Claire,

Welcome to the forum

Lucky

katiekatie
15-03-05, 18:23
Hello Claire

I'm from hampshire too, new to the board and suffer with panic and depression. Feel so much better that I have found more people who have similar problems and understand.

Good luck and contact me if you want to
katiekatie

nomorepanic
15-03-05, 18:51
Hiya Claire

Welcome aboard. Sorry you had to lose your career through these panics and I do hope that in time you will be able to go back.

Are they any issues we can help with in particular?

Hope you do come back soon.

Nicola