PDA

View Full Version : Stabbing pains everywhere!

countrygirl
25-02-08, 23:12
I have spinal degeneration all down my spine with herniated discs and arthritis so pain is normal for me and I am disabled BUT a few weeks ago I suddenly got stabbing pains in one hand wrist and lower arm , could not grip because of pain - Dr said maybe trapped nerve in elbow - day later pain had spread to upper arm and also exact same pain down other arm in same places!! Dr says maybe my damaged neck. By now I have had this for a month. Now I have same stabbing pains in my knees and ankles and fleeting stabs of pains in my legs.

some days my arms hardly hurt unless I grip something then savage pain in wrist and then my hand fingers arm starts aching and stabbing.

Due to other health checks I have had numerous blood tsts in last 6 months too many to mention here plus just had MRI of all my spine.

I feel pretty grim with this, never had to deal with pain like this before. I also feel fuzzy headed and wobbly. I have to say that my health anxiety is at fever pitch due to other health problems before all this stated.

I am going back to Dr on Wednesday and wondered if I should ask for theumatiod blood tests as I cannot imagine what could be causing stabbing pains in so many places. It is like everytime I make a movement I am hurting something. Also it seems as if everytime I move I get a cracking sound from somewhere. I have full function and no numbness.

It is only 6 weeks since I had full blood count.

lesleyB
26-02-08, 09:22
Hi Country Girl, I feel for you with your pain, I'm not sure what help I can give you but have some hugs.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Hope you get some help soon.
Lesleyb

Pink Panic
26-02-08, 09:45
Hi CountryGirl,

Here's some hugs from me too :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hope that you can talk things through with your Doc on Wednesday and you get some answers.
I can sympathise with you re your pain after i had weeks of enduring it after a back injury. I was referred to a Pain Clinic which helped me understand things a lot better so maybe this would be an idea for you?

Love & Hugs
Pink
xxx :hugs: