PDA

View Full Version : stomach problems( need to know im not alone with these symptoms)

bambamers
26-02-08, 00:18
I Keep Getting These Weird Pains In My Stomach. The Best I Can Describe It Is It Seems To Start Off On The Right Side Of My Abdomen( Just To The Right Of My Tummy Button). It Can Go Down To My Right Hip And All The Way Round The Bottom Of My Back And Cause A Deep Aching There(like What You Sometimes Get When Having Period). It Also Quite Alot Of The Time Causes A Deep Aching Across The Top Of My Bikini Line. But Im Constantly Aware Of The Weird Feeling At My Right Side That I Described First. Also I Sometimes Get With It A Pushing Sort Of Pain Behind My Pubic Bone As Though Something Behind It Is Going To Explode.

This All Started 18months Ago After I Had My Daughter( Pre-pregnancy Never Had Any Of These Problems). I Was Referred To A Gyney Where Ive Had A Laporoscopy,several Scans And Ive Lost Count Of The Number Of Internals All To Come Back Normal Except For Having Pcos Which He Said Is Very Common And Unsually Causes No Problems At All.
Anyway I Was Prescribed Anti Biotics For 6 Months Incase I Had A Bad Bladder Infection From Where I Had A Catheter As He Said Sometimes This Can Happen And Not Show On Any Water Samples That There Is An Infection. Ive Been Taking Them For 5 Months And There Has Been A Huge Improvement Until This Last Week Where All The Pain Has Started Again And Worse Than Ever.
(typical Whenever You Start To Feel Better Your Always Knocked Back Somehow).
I Was Also Told When All This Started That I Could Maybe Have A Touch Of Ibs But That They Couldnt Diagnose It.
Been Back To Doctors As Its Been Bad This Last Week Explaining This Pain In Right Side, Ache In Lower Back And Above Bikini Line And Also The Pressure Feeling Behind Pubic Bone And Also That I Have Had Dioreha The Last Few Days. She Prescribed Me Alverine Incase Its My Bowel And I Have Had To Give A Water Sample But I Didnt Seem To Get Any Further Forward With It.
I Wish I Could Just Get To The Bottom Of It.
Wondering Whether I Do Have Ibs And If These Symptoms Are Coomon Or If Anyone Elses Has These Symptoms At All. Or Whether It Is Something In The Gyney Area They Have Missed.
Feel Like Ive Had This Forever And That It Has Stopped Me Enjoying Being A New Mother And Doing Things I Normaly Would Have Done. I Also Feel That Everyone Close To Me Gets Fed Up Of Me Talking About It And Panicing About It All The Time But I Just Wish I Had Some Answers. Think I Could Put Up With It So Much Better If I Just Knew For Sure What It Was.
I Keep Thinking I Have A Terrible Infection Somewhere And Its Going To Stop Me Having More Children(even Though I Would Be Petrified To Have Anymore As Worried This Would All Get Worse), I Also Panic Its Appendix,kidney Stones,cancer Etc..............

Im Sorry Its Long But Just Wanted To Try And Get Full Story Over To You As Best I Could.

I Just Feel Im The Only One Getting These Symptoms And It Scares Me,i Have Tried So Hard To Not Worry But It Gets The Better Of Me Everytime,especially As I Dont Want My Daughter To See How I Am Etc Because Id Hate For Her To Pick Up My Anxiety As Couldnt Bare For When She Is Older For Her To Maybe Suffer How I And All You Do....

Thanks For Reading

Louise

countrygirl
26-02-08, 00:48
Long shot this but have you had your back/pelvis x rayed if you had a normal delivery rather than a caesarian. I know someone who dislocated her pelvis during delivery and it took about 2 years of testing everywhre else before they found out the problem.

AS i said a long shot but worth mentioning.

Jjeni
26-02-08, 15:37
Right ok well first off let me say that hun - if it was anything bad the fact that you have had it for 18 months - normally you would have been really bad by now !! - although im not a doctor - my doctor says this to me constantly !!
Secondly - i have had this pain myself for about the last 6 months - however i also have had ibs for 8 years now - they have told me i had ibs all those years ago and i managed to get it under control - stress can trigger this off and mine flared up again 6 months ago (funnily enough the same time as the pain) i have been referrred to a dietician and gastro doc at the hospital just to check it is ibs but all the tests i have had so far have been negative (barium enema celiac etc) Your doc is correct abotu not beign able to diagnose ibs they have to diagnose it after a process of illimatino which unfortunatly can take time (7 years in my case) but at lest you will know that it is nothing else and you cannot get any worse with ibs just have flare ups from time to time !!! The pain could be in your right hand side because thats where the food from your stomach goes from your small intestine into your large one (where it eventually leaves your body down on the left - so if your getting pain on the left thats where ur bowel exits your body sort of speak) dont know how to put that without being crude lol
I wont go on and on about on here but if you want to knwo anything else i have doen lots and lots of research on ibs and i am currently doing a diploma in diet and nutrition so can tell you what i know so far if you so wish)

I really wouldnt worry too much about thi pain - i know it hurts but i found a hot water bottle tremendous help !