PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

liz777
26-02-08, 12:46
Hi everyone,

Im Liz and have been suffering from panic attacks since i was 16 (now 23).

They first started when i was studying for my GCSE exams and then re-occured when studying at university, they were almost always one offs and always centred around stressful periods in my life an so i wasnt too worried about them. They then disappeared for a few years.

Now I seem to have developed a fear associated with driving. This started with being caught in traffic jams and has now developed into just panicking generally when i am driving. It it really inconvenient and stressful and now i find that i am panicking simply from just being worried about having a panic attck! i have joined this site as i am determined to get this panic under control and wondered whether anyone would have any ideas on how to begin to control this. I have tried deep breathing and a few natural remedies as i dont really want to start taking prescriptive drugs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I feel as if this problem is getting more and more out of control every day!

Liz
x

yorkylover
26-02-08, 12:57
Hi Liz and :welcome: You will get lots of support here and friendly advise.I had a similar problem when I had a panic attack in the car while being a passenger.Took me along time to get back on the motor way.There is a light at the end of the tunnel.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

chalky
26-02-08, 13:01
Hi Liz,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
best wishes,
Chalky

jill
26-02-08, 13:13
Hi Liz,

WELCOME TO THE SITE,

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

groovygranny
26-02-08, 13:14
Hello Liz :welcome: to you!

You've come to the right place to get things under control - we're very good at supporting and helping one another here!

Some good info and stuff in the links on the left too!

Glad you joined us - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Dave777
26-02-08, 13:14
Hi Liz, I have a friend who had a driving phobia.
She has recently overcome it and drives to work daily.

Hope you find this site supportive.

Dave777 , Liz777 .... are we related? lol:winks: x

LOULOUXXX
26-02-08, 13:39
Hi Liz ,

I Get The Same Well Had The Same Problem ..... All I Can Say Is Keep Driving And Dont Stop Just Coz Of A Panic Attack . I Find If U Start Avoiding This U Fear Of Make U Panic Makes Them Only Get Worse Face Them And Dont Fight Them ....... Alot Of People Get Panic Attacks But Dont Tell Ne 1 ..... Is Down To Stress And Being Anxious ....... Try Reading Books On How To Relax ..... And Try To Let The Tension Go ...... Love Lou Xxxx

Lindalou64
26-02-08, 13:56
Hello Liz And Welcome ...i Wish Ya Well........linda

Southern_Belle
26-02-08, 15:27
Hi Liz,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here who feel just like you do and will get tons of support. Many here have driving phobias and I believe they take it one day at a time starting out in small drives close to home. Read around the site and you may find some answers. Also, if you visit chat you can speak to others about how you feel. Again, welcome.

Hugs,

Laura

Lilith1980
26-02-08, 16:13
Hi Liz

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

Pink Princess
26-02-08, 17:20
http://www.netnax.net/imgs/greets/just-saying-hi3.gif

welcome to the site liz xx take kare x

weeble40
26-02-08, 17:45
Hi and a big warm welcome to NMP you will get loads of good advice here and make lots of friends in the process, hope to catch you some time in chat

Take Care

Emma xxxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

nomorepanic
26-02-08, 20:05
Hi Liz

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

kellie
27-02-08, 07:35
hiya liz. welcome to nmp its great to have you here. you will get lots of support and advice from all the great ppl here. hope to talk to you in the chat room sometime .
take care.

kellie. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nibbles
28-02-08, 17:38
Hi Liz and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

trac67
03-03-08, 18:22
Hiya Liz,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

heidi
03-03-08, 19:24
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/hello6.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will get lots of advise and support here and make many friends along the way.......Don't forget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs: