PDA

View Full Version : Earth Quake

honeybee3939
27-02-08, 01:07
Hi

As anyone else just felt the earth quake, my whole house just shook,im in a right state frightned me to death !! Im in Yorkshire

Andrea
xxxxx

alexis
27-02-08, 01:24
Hi Andrea Im in yorkshire too and my daughter is about 60 miles away still in Yorkshire, she felt it shake her whole house and neighbours ran into the street, i only felt it briefly but was scarey enough, pm me with msn address if you still scared and wanna talk.xxx

northern_sky
27-02-08, 01:25
I didn't feel it (North West) but I have just read on the net people in the North East and South feeling it. :ohmy: Hope you are all ok I think I'd be quite scared (I'm sitting here up late watching America's next top model :blush: ).

alexis
27-02-08, 01:33
Thanks Northern sky, it is scarey , thanks for support, does it say on net what it is?? thanks again,xxx

northern_sky
27-02-08, 01:38
On the BBC news site it says people from across large parts of England have reported an earth tremor. Manchester, Midlands and the South and other places no doubt.

honeybee3939
27-02-08, 01:43
Just heard on Sky news the eppicentre of the Quake was 15 miles from Lincoln. Ohh im never gonna sleep tonight....lol

xxxxxx

alexis
27-02-08, 01:52
You will Andrea, nowt new for me to be awake most of night,take care.

t0rt01se36
27-02-08, 02:12
I felt it - the Earthquake too and am still in shock and on edge. I was asleep and my bed shook really badly and I could hear the noise like things were moving about nearby. I got out of bed, went to Mum and Dads room and they weren't there. OMG that wasn't good for my nerves but luckily my Parents were downstairs. I went downstairs and realized I wasn't dreaming what had just happened as my Parents obviously felt it. Dad hasn't been outside to look so I'm still scared that our chimney might be loose.

northern_sky
27-02-08, 02:13
Night night :) we can :ohmy: at it on the news tomorrow :winks: hope everyone is feeling ok. :hugs:

Ju.ann (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=2128) don't worry I'm sure everything is ok. :)

Dying_Swan
27-02-08, 02:36
Yea that was a weird experience. I thought I'd gone mad until my cats sat bolt upright too.

News is saying it's been felt from North Yorks. to London, so obviously hit a large part of the country.

I quite enjoyed it once I realised it wasn't just me.

Hope everyone is feeling a bit calmer now

xxx:flowers:

leo05
27-02-08, 03:43
hi all well i too felt it in hemel in herts,
i still panicking now , and hugs to everyone and esp to those in chat earlier thanks for ya support

hugs and love lea xx

clickaway
27-02-08, 04:58
Here in Woking I just felt a couple of rumbles, but nothing moved. I was sitting in front of the PC and that was certainly steady. I also had the radio on, and after the song finished they reported how their PC's wobbled so I knew it wasn't me hallucinating LOL!

ray :)

xBettyBoopx
27-02-08, 05:36
Awwwwwww thats a shame 'cause nothing here in Suffolk:ohmy:

http://gtalumni.org/Publications/techtopics/win99/images/earthquake.jpg

sarajane
27-02-08, 06:58
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
I gota laugh at you lot!

But I actually began rolling :roflmao: around on the floor of my lounge room, absulutly pis%&ing myself laughing with tears streaming down my face, after I recieved a e-mail from my dear friend Lea to a ask me if we had felt the :roflmao: earthquake in Australia.:roflmao: :roflmao:

:yahoo: :roflmao: :yahoo: :roflmao:

I grew up in New Zealand and I lost count of the times I would be woken up in the middle of the night with our house shaking and the lights swaying to and fro.

I remember I'd yell out to mum, and she would just yell back saying, stop your worrying, you're ok, go back to sleep. End of story!

Schools today, have fire drills and terrorist drills.

When I was a kid we'd have Earthquake drills. I'm now going to share with you the. . .

EMERGENCY PLAN for EARTHQUAKES

Then you all can start to calm down a bit.

OK:

When you feel a earthquake hit, you move quickly but very orderly, and either crawl under a bed or a sturdy table, or if you can run really fast while pushing everyone else out of the way, you will get to be the first one to get to stand under the doorway. Because as I learnt this is the safest place to be when a earthquake strikes. OK.

And now! please girls, can you all calm down, it sounds like Thursday arvo at the local bingo hall in here.

Plus, please don't start posting replies to me asking why you stand in door ways or crawl underbeds when a Earthquake Strikes?

Because honestly guys, I have no bl$$dy idea, thats just what I had drummed into me while I was growing up.

Cheers, and just to be on the safe side,

It wouldn't do any harm going around, with a dirty great Big fat marker pen, and putting your own personal X on the strongest door frame you can find, - You can never be too careful.

All the best guys
Sarajane

Rennie1989
27-02-08, 08:21
I'm from Folkestone in Kent and we had an earthquake last April. I almost fell over!!!! I was at work. When I came home I saw that my chimney was loose and there were loads of cracks in the walls.

NOTE TO ALL: If you notice that your chimney is loose or cracked then KEEP AN EYE ON IT. Sleep downstairs during the night and try to avoid going upstairs until the chimney is checked. Remember where the cracks are in your house so you can show them to who ever checks your home

I totally empathise those whos homes have been damaged by this earthquake.

weeble40
27-02-08, 09:15
Morning all Im 13 miles from epi centre, yeah was a scary experience, wouldnt want to go through it again, but it was only a mild one in comparison to what some suffer, Im going to look back on last night and smile I was there when the largest earthquake in 25 years hit the UK, we did it folks we are a part of history,

SJ you are a star I love ya xxxxxx :scared10:
Emma xxx

Piglet
27-02-08, 09:41
Ooh that's strange I thought I felt a rumble last night but I put it down to a heavy goods train on the railway not far away - although my first thought was that it was an anxiety symptom (how mad is that)!!!

Love Piglet :flowers:

sandlin
27-02-08, 09:57
I was under the desk at work like a mad woman and then had to go for 2 hours to north tees hospital in an ambulance and 2 hours back - wasnt happy

Linda xx

AceR1mmer
27-02-08, 11:49
Are'nt you all glad we dont live on the edge of a tectonic plate?

Felt nothing in plymouth, obviously kinda far away.

honeybee3939
27-02-08, 11:52
Ohh well wasnt that a exciting night !lol

I was sat taking to trac67 on MSN when my chair shook along with the whole house, i jumped up out the chair and could feel the vibrations under my feet, the whole house was shaking and so was i.....lol .the noise was like a train outside the window. Poor Trac i bet she thought i had lost the plot when i told here we where having a earth quake.lol... I had just drank a couple of glasses of wine at the time, i even checked the alcholol content to see if it was that sending me funny....lol

Heyy well ya cant beat a bit of excitment:D

Hope everyones ok now
:hugs: :hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

AceR1mmer
27-02-08, 11:56
Gona have to post this twice cuz theres two topics on it,

An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.2 shook parts of England and Wales this morning

The quake was the largest to hit Britain since one with a magnitude of 5.4 in 1984.

A baby compared to what the rest of the world normaly have.

groovygranny
27-02-08, 12:37
We'm always the laaast to get anyfink down 'ere in Plymuff, eh Ace? ;)

Mind you, glad we didn't this time!:unsure:

You sure it wasn't GG falling outta bed whilst dreaming she was riding a camel in the desert with Omar Sherrif?? :wub:

Seriously - hope everyone is feeling ok today, it must have been very unsettling and distrubing for you all.

Big Hugs for everyone from GG XXX

:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:

manmoor
27-02-08, 13:20
Andrea rofl I bet Trac thought you'd defo lost the plot hun bless lolol. xxx

chalky
27-02-08, 13:21
Hi Guys,

The earth hasn't moved for me for a while now!!!
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Best wishes,
Chalky

honeybee3939
27-02-08, 14:04
LOL Chalky know the feeling well !:lac:

xxxxxxx

AceR1mmer
27-02-08, 15:00
Lol the only thing we get in Plymuff is rain lol

Id most likely find an earth quake more exicting then anything, unerving sure, but not scarey, its almost impossible for England to have a bad earth quake so why worry.

edit: earth moves alot for me........but im young&spunky lol :P

Dying_Swan
27-02-08, 16:13
Lol Sarajane :D

I thought it was great. Piglet - I also thought it was anxiety for a second, then I thought perhaps the boiler was about to explode. It wasn't until I asked someone in chat who lives near me that everyone started saying their houses had been shaking too!

I guess everyone is just unnerved because we aren't used to it here. If we lived in California or NZ or somewhere we'd not even have noticed it.

I'm glad I didn't get an early night - I'd be annoyed if I'd missed it :D

Lea I hope you're feeling better today :)

xxx :flowers:

knightbabe
27-02-08, 16:50
I'm in Lincs. It woke me up. Puppy was going mad, barking.

My mate's daughter was watching TV in her room and saw her wardrobes move.

Lilith1980
27-02-08, 17:08
I think I was asleep cos I didnt feel this, probably best really otherwise I think I would panic too.

Jo xxxxx

Dave777
27-02-08, 19:51
Hi Guys, the Earth didn't move for me, maybe I'm over the hill ?:blush: xx

domino
27-02-08, 21:25
Hi guys , i was at work when it happened, some say they felt it ,but not me. ACame home at 6a.m. and woke up hubbi but he sis he did,nt feel anything.
lthough i did get that spinning feeling, and a banging head ache, really :ohmy:

leo05
28-02-08, 00:33
thanks swan hun i am btr today ty and thanks for your support last night and to others in there too

hugs for you all
and
love

lea xx