PDA

View Full Version : help, I think Ive just had a pa!?!?!

Wilburis
27-02-08, 12:02
Hi

I just popped out to the local shops, parked the car, turned off the engine and I came over all funny.

I felt faint, then sick, my legs felt all tingly and I feel like im floating.

Ive come straight home as I had my baby in the car and was worried if anything would happen.

The weird thing is these feelings only lasted a split second, and my heart was not racing at all.

Was this a panic attack?

Ive been doing really well at the mo, on clomipramine, and have really been pushing myself to do things. I just hope I dont feel I cant go out again incase this happens again! (I would not go out unless someone would come with me, and didnt do anything all day, just laid on the sofa).

Ta for reading this - Liz xx

Angel64
27-02-08, 12:07
Hi, hard to tell Lizzie but could have just been that the car was hot.

Please don't let this stop you from going out, it is in the past now, the best thing to do is go out again, bit like getting back on a bike once you have fallen off.

Hope this helps Lizzie tc xx

Christine xx :flowers:

yorkylover
27-02-08, 12:38
Hi Lizzie,sounds like an anxiety attack.Like Christine said dont let it stop you going out.Take it easy for now as PA's and anxiety attacks can make you feel shattered.You have coped really well.:hugs: :hugs:

helenclaire
27-02-08, 13:02
Hi Lizzie,
I regularly get these feelings and they make me feel awful, i am petrified that i will pass out, the only way i cope is tell myself that i have felt this way hundreds of times before and nothing bad had ever happened, so i am sure it is anxiety and panic causing it.
Take care
Helen

chalky
27-02-08, 13:39
Hi Liz,

I still get little episodes like this from time to time-theyhave replaced the panic attacks.
On reflection,mine have almost always been because I have ignored the basics-good food,good liquid intake,proper rest.
I think of these in terms of my body's way of reminding me that I am over-doing things.
Our minds have an almost instantaneous method of returning to panic thinking at times like this.
best wishes,
Chalky

Wilburis
27-02-08, 14:42
thanx for the replies!! :hugs:

I really thought all this would stop, Ive tried many medications with horrendous side effects, and finally, seem to have found one that makes me feel almost human again (well, after the initial side effects had worn off!!!).

So why am I getting breakthrough panic attack symptoms?? IM totally gutted and if this continues, will rapidly go downhill and lose interest in everything again.

Could my meds not be working anymore? Or was it just a blip. I must admit, I have felt increasing panic grow inside me during the past few days.

Many thanx for reading my waffle again - Liz xx

Tom_M
27-02-08, 15:05
Sounds to me like a physical symptom triggering an anxiety attack? Sometimes you can get a sudden drop in blood pressure or maybe a dizzy bought brought on by an ear problem, which then disorientates you for awhile. I think everything should settle down after awhile, but if it doesn't, then maybe you could ask your doctor to up your dose until you feel better, then go back to your normal dose. Most people take between 10mg to 100mg of Clomipramine, but it can be increased much more than this if needed.

Rennie1989
27-02-08, 16:16
Those feelings ae horrible, I get them often.

I never count them as a panic attack, if so the number of attacks I have a month would sky rocket, lol. Maybe a sudden rush of adrenaline after a thought, for example you thought something about your baby.

yorkylover
27-02-08, 16:21
Lizzie I think its just a blip.Im on meds but still get blips.You may have just felt a bit light headed or something and panicked.:hugs: :hugs: