PDA

View Full Version : Not very well today :( Makes me more depressed !

tattybear
15-03-05, 09:15
Hi guys

Hope eveyones ok?

Im really ill today with some kind of sickness / flu bug./....its horrible ! [B)]

It makes my depresssion worse too...even after im better i seem to take 2 steps back after getting over it.

Anyone else get affected like this is there ill?

I shall just have to take comfort in my 'Friends' dvds! [:P]

Tatty B xx

tracyp584
15-03-05, 09:19
Hey,
Yes! i get exactly the same.I recently had flu and i feel it set me back weeks. I also spent 2 weeks watching every friends dvd i had! One way to take mind off things!

tracy x x

tattybear
15-03-05, 09:29
Thanks Tracy...

I hope your feeling better now and youve manage to go forward a bit since then?

I was ill about 5 weeks ago and found that for the next 2 weeks it was like starting over again! But i got thru it and i suppose the more you think its gonbna set you back..the more likely it will!

So ive decided even tho im ill ive made a list of things i can do today (which dont involve too much effort!) then at least im not sitting or laying thinking too much!

Do you work? Im not at the moment as still strugglingto cope with little things...but its my aim to be some time this yea even if its just a couple of days a week...its my aim but my foremost aim is to beat my anxiety and panic attacks and depression.

Tatty B xx

lisarose
15-03-05, 09:31
hi Tatty, Sorry you are feeling so ill, my daughter was sent home from school yesterday with the same thing and is ill again today. I am just getting over shingles and it has made my anxiety and depression flare up again and I feel like I am back to square one.

Hope you get better soon.
Enjoy your "friends" dvds, that programme is one of my faves and always makes me laugh!!
Take care
Love Lisaxx

tattybear
15-03-05, 09:43
Hi lisa

thats how i felt a few weeks ago after being ill.

I just have to remind myself how i felt after being ill and how i feel now...Its hard because Im so far off feeling the 'normal' I want to be...but if i look back I can see i am further on now that after I was ill.

Youll get through it....If you ever wanna chat im nearly always around on here now Ive descovered it!

:)

Tatty B xx

rachel25
15-03-05, 10:13
Hi Tatt

I am in the same boat, full of flu right now but i have dragged myself into work cos i have no internet at home and i'd miss coming on here!!! Hope you feel better and it's great that you are setting yourself small tasks,

Rach xx

tattybear
15-03-05, 10:44
Hi Rachel

Oh no sorry to hear your not well either...theres so much about at the mo.:(

But I dont blame you for going in to work just to go on the forum...im not working at the mo but my comp is now switched on all day since ive discovered the forum!

Its just so helpfuly and mind resting seeing other peeps with the same issues...i dont feel so isolated now!

Hope you feel better soon :D

Tatty B xx

seh1980
15-03-05, 11:03
hi Tatty B,

It's very easy to feel even more down in the dumps when ill at the same time. Hang in there & I hope you feel better soon!!

Sarah :D

tattybear
15-03-05, 11:06
Thanks Sarah

Ive got my (small) list of things to do today! and the forum to help take my mind of it :D

Thanks guys

Tatty B xx

sal
15-03-05, 11:14
Hi Tatty

Sorry that you are feeling poorly and that does make you feel down and out of it.

Hope you get to do all the things on your list.

Take care

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

tattybear
15-03-05, 11:18
Thanks Sal...

Think ill have to try and tear my self away from the comp so I can start my list!

No1....Have a bath and pamper myself :D

Speak to you laters

Tatty B xx

sal
15-03-05, 11:21
Great start, looking after yourself

Enjoy

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

FAN
15-03-05, 12:12
hi sorry to hear your not well hope it clears soon

fan x

Tracy68
15-03-05, 17:32
Hi Tatty
Sorry to hear you're not well, lets hope you'll be feeling a bit better tomorrow. I think being poorly depresses everyone, nobody likes being ill.
Take care
Tracy
x

Karen
15-03-05, 17:45
Hi Tattybear

Sorry you're not feeling too well. There appear to be a lot of bugs going around at the moment.

When you are feeling depressed anyway coming down with a bug does make you feel worse and it can knock you back a bit. For a start, you are not able to do very much when ill and tend to spend more time at home, giving you more time to think and ruminate, which only serves to make you feel more depressed. Distraction, even by watching DVDs, can help with this.

Also remember that although it may knock you back a little, it will not send you right back to square one as you have already made some progress and now know more about how to help yourself than you did right at the beginning.

I hope you feel better soon.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.