PDA

View Full Version : Not been very active oun here of late...

knightbabe
27-02-08, 21:07
...Started off with breaking my toe when I fell up the stairs (completely sober). Then GP thought I had gout in it. That has been ruled out. I have osteoarthritis in my big toe. It is moving toward my ankle. This means I am using a crutch to get around and may need this for a short while or forever. Over the weekend I had some further problems with my leg so went to the GP on Monday. I assumed that it was something to do with the osteoarthritis. GP said it was nothing to do with it, in fact at some point on Friday I had a mini stroke, possibly whilst I was sleeping as the problems started when I woke Saturday morning. Tests have since confirmed this.

Just when I was starting to get on top of the PA's this happens. Means that I am now struggling to go out. Feel like I am going backwards.

On a positive note my probation officer referred me to a support group who have offered me a mentor. I will be meeting my mentor on Monday. My health issues mean that I am unable to carry out my community service at present. So I am worrying about that as I have alot of hours to complete and they only give you 12 months in which to do so.

To add to this my home is now a mess as I am struggling to do the hosuework. Cooking a meal is a lengthy process. It has certainly knocked me for six. Wish I could afford a cleaner!!

I have been popping on to see how everyone is but I have found it difficult to concentrate and so must apologise for not joining in. Today as been my best day so far.

Lilith1980
27-02-08, 21:57
Hey Knightbabe - dont apologise, no one expects you to be on here 24-7.

And besides, it sounds like you have many things going on and your top priority is yourself ;)

Sorry to hear about your health right now, do you have any friends who could help you out? Could your GP help you perhaps with finding someone to assist you? Like a kind of home help?

Hope your days get better for you :hugs:

Jo xxxxx