PDA

View Full Version : Here again..asthma worries..

Charlottie
27-02-08, 23:16
I think I may have asthma but I'm not sure.

Ever since I was little I would get out of breath easily, I could never do sports properly because I would get so breathless I'd have to stop and catch my breath back. Now even just walking up a flight of stairs leaves me too breathless to talk or drink. When walking fast I get severe stitch like pain and become breathless too. When I was little I had a few "episodes" where I would be able to breathe in but not be able to breathe out. If I run, especially in the winter, I always have a coughing fit afterwards. And whenever I get colds they go to my chest and I get so phlegmy I find it difficult to breathe. Do these sound like asthma symptoms to you?

Oh, I as well as several other members of my family, suffer from eczema and hayfever too which I know are connected.

nomorepanic
27-02-08, 23:19
You can go and see doc and he will diagnose it

Then you will know

Charlottie
27-02-08, 23:20
I know but I'll feel daft if it's nothing =/

nomorepanic
27-02-08, 23:24
That is what they are there for

DeniseB
27-02-08, 23:26
Hey,

You'll not look daft at all:)

If there is a problem he will pick it up - if there is not it will put your mind at rest:doh:

Hope it settles.

Denise x

Charlottie
27-02-08, 23:37
Thanks! I keep thining maybe I'm just unfit but I would be fit if I could actually exercise while being able to breathe ¬.¬

Charlottie
16-03-08, 23:18
Having problems again.

Can hear it on my chest when I breathe, I sound wheezy. Going to book a dr.s appointment tomorrow just need to talk to someone. Going through a bad flare up of anxiety at the moment.

northern_sky
17-03-08, 00:50
Definitely go to the docs :yesyes: I had a test last year and it was fine. I completely thought I had asthma so the result of the test was a relief. :) I thought i was wheezy too.

peter34uk
17-03-08, 18:44
I feel like I got asthma after I do even a little bit of exercise. Really gets me down cause it can affect me for hours. Its like my chest is congested. I got no idea what it is or what to do!!! :(

Its not asthma though as ive been tested for that.

chalky
17-03-08, 20:54
Hi Charlottie,

Visit your Doc and if necessary he will give you a Peak Flow Meter test as well as listening to your lungs.For PFM,all you do is blow into a tube and it measures the "strength" of your lungs.
It's not worth causing yourself undue stress when your Doctor will be able to sort this out for you.
Best wishes,
Chalky