PDA

View Full Version : Symptom Question - Lightheaded (need support)

AdamJLeigh
28-02-08, 15:19
Hi gang... First let me say... this board is incredible. Anytime people need support, you are there. I am so pleased to be a part of this community.

I have a question to ask and my purpose for asking is to realize I am not alone... and that this is just anxiety.

Almost every day... usually in the afternoon or early evening, I have an overwhelming feeling of being lightheaded. The first onset of this it feels as though I have to actively breath... almost like I need to gasp for some air. It comes on very sudden... lasts for a few minutes... and then goes away. It is almost like a panic feeling. I immediately sit up straight and begin to pay attention to EVERYTHING that is going on... and it almost feels as though I am going to pass out if I don't concentrate on my breathing, etc.

The strange part of this is I have been on Zoloft for different periods of my life. When I am on the medication, I do not have these symptoms. However, I am not on it now... and they have been happening each day.

Of course, I sit and think I have cancer, AIDS, Diabetes, Heart Disease, etc... and I really just want to confirm that I am not alone. Could someone share their story?

I really feel better just typing this... but it would help greatly to know that I am not alone.

Thanks and God Bless,
Adam

Jon06121974
28-02-08, 15:46
Hi

I think we all feel like this but if you read your post about being ok when on meds i would take a lot of confidence in this. unfortunately none of us can accept that there is nothing wrong and will keep searching in vain despite everyone telling us we are healthy.

Im 6 months in and just accepting now but have a long journey of turning acceptance into being well ahead.

good luck and try to relax