PDA

View Full Version : I'm New

Shell26
28-02-08, 15:25
Hi,

I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Michelle and have just joined No More Panic today.

I have suffered with Depression from the age of 17 and am now 26 so for the best years (or what is supposed to be the best years) haven't been as good as they should have.

I also suffer from Anxiety, this sometimes feels like it takes over my life as I cannot stop worrying about things when I feel at my lowest.

Up to about a month ago I was coping well with my Depression and Anxiety and controlling all my thoughts but recently things have gotten on top of me again and feel like I am back at square one.

I would be really grateful to hear from any of you and some advice.

buzzing bees
28-02-08, 15:31
:)hi just a quick wecome youv joined a fab bunch of friends on here by for now

jill
28-02-08, 15:38
Hi Shell,

WECOME TO THE SITE,

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

chalky
28-02-08, 16:13
Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
As an old fogey in his 40's,I can assure you that your best years lie ahead of you!
Best wishes,
Chalky

yorkylover
28-02-08, 16:43
Hi Michelle and :welcome: you will get lots of support here,there all a wonderfull bunch.:yesyes: :yesyes: We are all in similar situations.

Lilith1980
28-02-08, 16:58
Hi Michelle - a fellow Robinson lol :yesyes:

Welcome to NMP hun, you'll get lots of advice on here.

Jo xxxxx

kellie
28-02-08, 17:02
hiya michelle :welcome: to nmp its great to have you here :yesyes:. you will get lots of support and make some great friends as well. the best years of your life are far from behind you hun you still have lots to come. we have a great chat room where you will be most welcome to talk to us all.i hope to see you there. take care :hugs: :hugs: .

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Fool
28-02-08, 17:29
hey
welcome no nmp its a fabuloso place to be and you have to stop thinking your at square one again its not squere one its just a set back we will have you back on your feet in no time :yesyes:

x charli (im here alot)

Nibbles
28-02-08, 17:41
Hi Michelle and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Pink Princess
28-02-08, 17:56
http://images.jellymuffin.com/images/welcome/images/30tndyo.gif

welcome to the site xxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
28-02-08, 19:04
Hi Shell

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

groovygranny
28-02-08, 20:40
Hello Shell:welcome: to you!

I'm with Chalky on this one - and it gets even better in your fifties!!:blush:

Sounds as thought you've hit a bit of a bump in the road - most of us do at some time or other and we're all here to help you over it. I've had lots of bumps along my way and have always received support, advice and encouragement from the people here.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

heidi
28-02-08, 20:57
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/sHellobar.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will find loads of support here and make lots of friends also..........Don't forget to visit the chatroom !!

trac67
28-02-08, 22:37
Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Shell26
29-02-08, 10:29
Thank you ever so much everyone for your responses, it has really made me feel at ease. :)

Im going to explain a little bit about myself, as I stated in my first Thread that my depression started when I was 17 and over the years it has gotten worse. I suffer with intrusive thoughts and they really scare me and are basically ruining my life. For the past year I have really coped with them and hardly had any (only on off days) but 4 months ago my Fiance was sentenced to 2.5 years in prison.

I was due to get married on the 30th August this year but have had to cancel the wedding now which really upset me as this is what i longed for, just to be happy for once.

Up until about a month ago i was really coping well with the situation but now i seem to get very anxious about going to see him in the prison as i have all these thoughts flooding through my head, its usually the case of "What If".. :unsure:

If anybody has any advice on how to control anxiety in situations like this then i would really appreciate your comments.

At the moment i feel like nothing is good in my life and i just want my Fiance back and for us to lead the life that we were living before as it was just perfect. He will be released in September so just over 6 months to go, i know it doesn't seem that long away but i just feel like i cannot cope without him.

Lindalou64
29-02-08, 13:04
Hello Michelle And Welcome I Wish Ya Well Linda

Ma Larkin
29-02-08, 14:15
Hi Michelle, sorry to hear you're having a tough time of it recently. I have suffered with depression since I was 17 and I'm 41 now.

I'm sure you will get lots of comfort from people at NMP and reassurances that will help you on your road to recovery. My depression is nowhere near as bad as it used to be in the early days and I have managed to re-train my thoughts. I just keep repeating things over and over and trying not to let the negative things get to me too much.

Good luck with your boyfriend and hope the wedding finally goes ahead.

Les, xx