PDA

View Full Version : anti depresants?

jecca
28-02-08, 17:13
hi, i got put on anti depressants today and im just looking for some peoples experiences with them?

good and bad?

anyone recoverd from being on meds?

please get back to me im feeling a bit worried about it all.

jecca xxxxxxxxxx:weep:

shakygirl
28-02-08, 18:33
I was given citalopram a couple of weeks ago and was so scared when I read the list of side effects that I put off taking them. I eventually decided that I couldn't really feel worse so started taking them. I have taken 11 of them so far and the side effects have been fairly mild and are starting to go already. I have been a bit shaky, slightly nauseous (although that is my main anxiety symptom so may be nothing to do with the pills) and had strange cold feeling in my arms and chest. Really nothing much.

They can take a while to work though - I have been told at least 2 weeks maybe as much as a month. However I think that after 11 mine are starting to have an effect as I seem to have more good than bad days.

Just take them, trust in them and I am sure you will be fine.

nomorepanic
28-02-08, 19:07
Hi Jecca

What meds are you on?

Have you seen the forums that have loads of posts about several different anti-depressants?

Welcome aboard as well

breeze25
01-03-08, 14:32
I am also on Citalopram and its help me so much, I felt slightly sick for about 3/4 days, then after a few weeks I really noticed the difference, I have been on them before about 7 years and was on them more 2 years, easily to come off if you follow the doctors instructions.

Jjeni
01-03-08, 16:02
I have been on mirtazapin enow for 3 years - not so long back the doc up'd them because i told him of all these symptoms i was getting - he said " oh ist ur anxiety ur not coping double the dose " So i did - worst thing i ever did i got taken into hospital because the dizzyness and sickness and headaches - BUT having said that - i know a few people on them and they are fine. Personally i would like to come off mine because i have been on them for a while now - im ready to tackle the world alone now (i think lol) but that me personally - do what you efel best - the list of side effects have to be put on there even if one person in 100 felt one single thing - they have to cover there backs !! I also know someone who is on citalopram and she is pregnant and has taken it all the way through her pregnancy cause doc said it was better than the risk of her being really stressed and panicky cause that can harm baby more !! If you feel you cant get any worse *which is exactly what i said when i took my first one then take them - if they dont agree you can come off them - you have nothing to loose xxxx