PDA

View Full Version : Illness everywhere!

kjen
15-03-05, 12:13
Is it just me or is everyone ill at the moment??!!!!

I'm feeling so panicky about this.......................

also, i was really poorly a few weeks ago (think it may have been the flu) is it normal to feel abit down for a few weeks after.......?????

tattybear
15-03-05, 12:18
HI

Yep im also ill at the mo :(

I was ill about 5-6 weeks ago and it made me go right back down for a week or two afterwards.....it is a set back but i have managed to pull myself out of it each time.

As i say, i am ill at the mo...but ive written a small list of things i can get done that wont make me feel iller andthat way I can try to stay focused on other things.

I am trying not to think about whether im gonna go back down again.......ifit happends....then it does...i just need to remember each time that I can get thru it.

Tatty B xx

mico
15-03-05, 12:19
This is usually the time of year that everyone always seems to have flu, or some other nasty bug. I hate the thought of it too, but it's not a great concern for me.

As for feeling down, flu puts a strain on your body and it can take a few weeks to fully recover after the symptoms have calmed down. It can leave you feeling lethargic for a number of weeks afterwards, I wouldn't worry about it too much. And if you've already had it, then you shouldn't be getting it again.

mico

lisarose
15-03-05, 13:30
Hi Kjen,

It definatley seems to be the time of year for illness, my kids have been off sick for the last 3 weeks they have only just returned to school after chickenpox then yesterday I had a call from the school to say my daughter had been sick at school so it is starting all over again!! I have also had shingles for the last 10 days which has set me back loads, luckily I have the peeps on here to make me feel better.
I had flu last year and it took me weeks to recover my strength so don't worry I am sure you will feel better soon.
Take care
Love Lisaxx

Laurie28
15-03-05, 13:54
Hiya,

I'm afraid it's that time of year again. I really struggled in December & January with the cold/flu. Luckily I am over it now.

this particular cold/flu that is going around seems to 'hang' on you for a while, so many people I have spoken to have said the same thing.

try to keep things in perspective though and remember it is only the cold/flu and you will get better.

Lucky

kjen
15-03-05, 16:34
thanks guys for your sympathetic replies!!!!!!!!

i think half my trouble is dwelling on things too much!!!

thanks again xxx

Laurie28
15-03-05, 16:37
Absolutely Kjen

That's all our troubles!! If I didn't think so much about everything i wouldn't be like I am!!

Take Care
Lucky

Tracy68
15-03-05, 17:28
Hi Kjen
Yep plenty going about. My best mate came over yesterday and her daughter was really poorly. Then today chatting to another mate and she's been ill for the last month. Unfortunately at this time of the year people catch things so easily which in turn runs their immune system down so they land up picking up other stuff within a week of getting over one thing. Did that make sense lol.
Tracy
x

FAN
15-03-05, 18:17
hi, yes im afraid its definately that time of year again every one seems to have some bug or other,,,,roll on summer

fan x

Raindrop
16-03-05, 16:00
I have a cold and it's making me feel rotten too. Plus I have exams to do whilst sniffling, sneezing and shivering. Soooo horrible.

I say roll on summer too!