PDA

View Full Version : new mummy - new memeber!

pinky2681
28-02-08, 21:49
Hello everyone i'm 22 and 3/4's and i've got a 7month old baby. I've been registered with this site for a few weeks but this is my 1st post!
I use to have panic attacks when i was at school because i didnt like going and felt scared. They went away on there own but for the past 2-3 months they've come back but worse! I think they've come back because i'm alot more stressed out recently as my partner is due in court in a few months (driving offence) and thats on my mind too.
My panic attacks are mainly health anxiety, if i get a head ache i think its a brain tumour, etc etc. I find it mainly happens at night when i'm tired. I often find myself feeling dizzy although i dont really think i am! Does anyone else get like this? Its so annoying i cant even get a cold without me thinking its something serious! The past week i've kept myself really busy and thats helped alot, except i'm exhausted! So i know i cant keep this up for long! I'm so glad i found this site as i though i was going mad! I also thought i might have pnd but everything i've read in health anxiety seems to be what i'm going through, it even made me laugh at how daft i was being.
I've tired logging in to the chat room but for some reason it wont let me, can anyone help? I just get a picture of a circle flashing round like somethings loading but nothing happens.
Thanks to whoever made this site, its helped me realise alot more about panic attacks and has helped me cope.
Hope everyone is ok, i'd love to hear from anyone and everyone!

groovygranny
28-02-08, 23:18
Hello pinkp:welcome: to you!

You must have your hands full with your little son - my youngest grandson is 9mnths old and is a little tornado on all fours lol!! :ohmy:

Glad you decided to join us as you'll find loads of helpful advice and support here. You've probably already checked out the links on the left of this page!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Karen
28-02-08, 23:42
Hello PinkyP and :welcome: to NMP.

You'll find a lot of help and support here.

Karen xx

chalky
29-02-08, 00:12
Hi PinkyP,

Welcome to the Forum!!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here
best wishes,
Chalky(43 1/2)

domino
29-02-08, 05:29
:welcome:Pinkyp, you,ve come to the right place , where in the uk are you?:hugs:

Pink Princess
29-02-08, 06:28
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q194/dragonfly7uk/whimsies/glitter_husky_pups_hello1.gif

welcome to the forum and hope to see you around xxxxxx

Lilith1980
29-02-08, 06:39
Hi Pinky

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

kellie
29-02-08, 10:54
hiya pinky :welcome: to nmp. its great to have you here :yesyes: .i also have health anx and know how silly we can blow things up if we get colds of bugs. you will get lots of support and advice from all the great ppl here. about chat, some times it can play up and may take a few goes at getting in, other than that plz check your pc has jarva instaled. hope to talk to you in chat soon. take care. :hugs: :hugs:

kellie. xxxxxxxxx

crazykate
29-02-08, 11:17
Hi Pinky
Im new to and like you suffer mostly from Health anxiety
Look forward to getting to know you
x

Pink Panic
29-02-08, 11:19
Hi Pinky

Welcome to NMP :hugs: It's a great place to be. :yesyes:

Love
Pink
xxx

Lindalou64
29-02-08, 12:59
Hello Pinky And Welocome I Wish Ya Well Linda

Nibbles
29-02-08, 18:43
Hi Pinky and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

It could be that you haven't got the latest Java and Flash installed which is causing the chat room problems.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
29-02-08, 22:40
Hi pinkyp

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

jill
29-02-08, 22:50
Hi Pinky :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE,

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

heidi
29-02-08, 22:50
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/Hello-1.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will get lots of support here and make tons of friends also........hope you get the chatroom sorted !!

pink daisy
01-03-08, 11:00
Hi Pinkp

I am Kate, i am 29 and have 2 children age 2 and 6, Welcome to nmp Pinkp
Hope to chat to you soon, Hae u been in chat yet?? You may not notice me as i am very shy!! lol

Tonight is quiz night so come in as its great fun xx

manmoor
02-03-08, 09:13
Hi Pinky,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

liddylou
02-03-08, 10:28
Hi
Nice to hear you have posted your concerns, i think that in itself can help you know that you are definately not on your own. I do think though that you have actaully answered your own question and managed to reassure yourself all in one go in your own post.

Firstly, health anxiety can become much more important and bothering once you have a child as you become even more aware of how important it is that you stick around. You have a seven month old baby, gee, anxiety was not the word when I had my daughter. We are lead to believe it should all be a bed of roses but I dont honestly remember seeing much of my bed at all !!! hence you become over tired etc. etc. your brain goes round in circles and on top of that you are worried about your partner.

Since you have suffered with anx in the past due to a stressful situation it seems like you are like me and it will probably come in bouts rather than affect you all through your life.

I think if you just cut yourself some slack, realise that you have a very good reason for having high anxiety at the moment and try if at all possible to grab some much needed sleep, I am sure you will be back to normal in a few months.

Also rember that it takes approx. 1 year for your hormones to re-balance after having a baby so could feel very pmt ish even when your period is not due for some time.

It does get better, you know it does so dont be to hard on yourself and go with it.

Take care and congratulations on your new baby.

trac67
03-03-08, 18:17
Hiya,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx