PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Shell26
29-02-08, 11:39
Hi everyone,

Im going to explain a little bit about myself, as I stated in my first Thread that my depression started when I was 17 and over the years it has gotten worse. I suffer with intrusive thoughts and they really scare me and are basically ruining my life. For the past year I have really coped with them and hardly had any (only on off days) but 4 months ago my Fiance was sentenced to 2.5 years in prison. :shrug:

I was due to get married on the 30th August this year but have had to cancel the wedding now which really upset me as this is what i longed for, just to be happy for once.

Up until about a month ago i was really coping well with the situation but now i seem to get very anxious about going to see him in the prison as i have all these thoughts flooding through my head, its usually the case of "What If"..

If anybody has any advice on how to control anxiety in situations like this then i would really appreciate your comments.

At the moment i feel like nothing is good in my life and i just want my Fiance back and for us to lead the life that we were living before as it was just perfect. He will be released in September so just over 6 months to go, i know it doesn't seem that long away but i just feel like i cannot cope without him.

Pink Panic
29-02-08, 12:00
Hi Shell,

I can identify with the feeling of not being able to cope without your partner as mine works away for 2 weeks at a time. I know yours is a totally different situation and that must be extremely hard for you and him to endure but you will cope. We can get through tough times and come out the other end no matter how low we feel. :hugs:

I know all about the what if's? It's a good idea to challenge these thoughts by writing down the positive outcomes as well as the negatvive ones that we seem to concentrate on so much more and see if that helps you.

Try to keep thinking about how good it will be to be back with you fella and the time will pass and you will get through this. :hugs:

Love
Pink
xxx

chalky
29-02-08, 12:54
Hi Shell,

You do have a lot on your mind at the minute.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

Try to take the focus away from the "big picture".One day at a time focus on doing what you need to do-eating well,sleeping well,good fluid intake,and some exercise-even aerobics in front of the telly.Thinking in smaller time scales,will allow you to manage your time better and take some pressure off you.
Make time each day to do something that you enjoy.
Anything which distracts your mind from the big picture will give you a bit of peace of mind.
Best wishes,
chalky