PDA

View Full Version : Trazodone

Shell26
29-02-08, 14:54
Does anybody take Trazodone for their medication? If so, would appreciate any comments on what you think of them. :grouphug:

amandaj
29-02-08, 17:35
hi i been taking trazadone for about 5 weeks and i dont think theyve helped me im on 150mg at night what are you on ?

Shell26
29-02-08, 21:47
Hi Amanda,

Im also on 150mg and have been taking them nearly a year. I take them before i go to bed at night as they can make you very drowsy. Since yesterday i have also been taking 50mg in a morning to calm my anxiety down, not sure if they are working yet though.

:hugs:

bet
29-02-08, 22:02
I was on trazodone.I was on 150mg(50mg 3 times a day).it dropped my blood pressure too much so had to be taken off it immediately after 5 months without tapering not a good experience.

When I started on it,it helped the anxiety(butterflies in tummy,not the panic) but then stopped working after a few months.

eventhough its meant to help one sleep it eventually had the opposite effect on me.Apparently that is one of its rarer side effects according to the doctor

bet x

Shell26
29-02-08, 22:11
Hi Bet,

I haven't seemed to have any problems with the medication so far, what is worrying me though is that im still on them and yet i feel really low at the moment. Maybe im being thick but i didnt know you could get depressed whilst taking an anti-depressant. I spoke to my doctor about it the other day and she said its because ive hit a hurdle in my life at the moment and its causing me to be anxious.

I seem to sleep really well with the Trazodone its just the sudden waking up in the morning and then the anxiety returns.

:D

amandaj
01-03-08, 14:14
hi shell im not sleeping on these at all and i am also feeling more anxious can you let me know if the extra 50mg helps please

amandax

Shell26
01-03-08, 16:30
Hi Amanda,

The 50mg do seem to work in a morning to calm down the anxiety but i have only been taking them since Thursday morning so im hoping that by next week they may kick in and start to work a bit better.

I will definitely let you know how i get on with them :bighug:

amandaj
01-03-08, 18:49
thanks im glad they seem to be working for you xx