PDA

View Full Version : Sickness

Raindrop
15-03-05, 17:29
Me again,

Arghhhhh have my first exam tomorrow and I've come down with a cold. I went home (usually at Uni) for the weekend because I was so stressed and felt like I couldn't cope - and my brother had this raging cold that gave him a temperature etc. The way my cold has started is very different to his so I'm hoping I haven't caught the same one.

Anyway, I know it sounds sooo silly next to all these people worrying about serious health issues, but I really really fear vomiting and what with the cold and the exams it keeps popping into my head that I'll feel sick and throw up/need to throw up in the exam. Or (perhaps more realistically) feel so bad from this cold that I'll screw the exams up.

My friends tell me not to worry about it, because it's not doing me any good, but I just can't relax, I'm so anxious. The things that relax me well usually (eg. a bath, sitting with my family and chatting, playing the piano) I can't do here, not to mention I have no time and just have to revise revise revise. I'm just telling myself they'll be over in 3 days (one on each day) but it seems forever-away.

Sorry, I just needed to get it all off my chest because I'm so freaked out and stressed at the moment.

Reading through the other posts has made me very aware of the courage people have on this board - I'm humbled, thank you.

seh1980
15-03-05, 17:34
hello Raindrop,

You are probably just over-reacting because you have exams coming up so soon. I'm sure that once you sit down to do them, your mind will forget about everything else and just focus on doing well. That's how it always was for me. Good luck!!

Sarah :D

tattybear
15-03-05, 17:48
Raindrop

Try to stay focused and deal with one issue at a time.

Im also ill with flu ...so much about at the moment.

Good luck with all your exams...let us know how you get on. :D

Tatty B xx

katiekatie
15-03-05, 17:59
Hello Raindrop

Firstly do take some time out from studying, if you can shut off for a while you will fel more refreshed when you get back to it, places of work, schools all give break times because nobody can work or study continuously. I know you feel like you have to get it all revised now but a few hours off really wont hurt, you will know most of it all ready even if you feel you don't!

Make sure you eat really well to help ward the cold off, this will help your concentration and make your body stronger and help you cope bettter.

Let your tutor know you are woried about being ill on the day, I am sure a lot of students do get ill and there will be some way of doing it later if it comes to that.

Anxiety is horrible, and exams are a big thing so it is natural to be anxious at the moment, everybody sitting them will be worried about something, can you persuade someone to take a break with you?

Best of luck with them, just think about how great it will feel when they are done with.

katiekatie

FAN
15-03-05, 18:14
hi, im sure you will be fine when you get down to it, good luck and keep us posted how you get on

fan x

Raindrop
16-03-05, 13:53
First exam over...

It wasn't as bad as I expected, I panicked throughout like I thought I would, but I didn't move from my seat - for three hours! I was visibly shaking and feeling sick but I did not move. I'm really proud of myself although I still feel shaken up and kinda "traumatised".

Cold is streaming, which made it difficult to concentrate, but I think I did okay. Just still dreading it getting worse and turning into flu! Hopefully I'll be strong enough to cope with the second two. I very nearly gave up and left in this exam and I can't help thinking that given the same situation but feeling worse with cold/fever, I'll just want to run out. Why can't I stop these negative thought patterns? :(

Meg
16-03-05, 14:25
Hi

Really well done . Brilliant success.

Use this achievement to reassure yourself at the next exam.
When are the next ones ?

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Raindrop
16-03-05, 15:51
Thanks Meg.

The last two are tomorrow and Friday.

Bring it on....

katiekatie
16-03-05, 16:03
Well done raindrop you are nearly there now!!! You have had your cold for a few days now so you will be over the worst of it.

katiekatie

Karen
16-03-05, 21:23
Well done Raindrop. Good luck for the next two exams.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.