PDA

View Full Version : My throat story

diablo78
01-03-08, 14:18
Hello everyone,

Back in October I had seriously bad anxiety, I thought I was taking a heart attack and it took a month or so until it subsided.

One night I had a coughing fit and spat a little blood up. I went to the Doctors and he didnt see any cause for concern - which was a relief as I have never smoked and hardly drink, plus Im 29. So apparently I wasnt in any risk group..

Until January, every morning I woke up I would clear the back of my throat and a little blood would be in my saliva. It never got anyworse and has all but dissappeared.

However, my throat has been irritated on and off recently, Its not sore, its a burning irritated feeling and at the back of my tongue there is soreness too.. My tongue has a yellow/white coating too.

Now, Ive read many posts about the lump in throat feeling and I have this, along with mucus ( Doctor believes its post nasal drip ) My nose is always congested or runny, and if I speak for a while, the back of my tonsils gets really irritated along with a slightly sore ear.

I dont know if this is still anxiety, the Doctor has prescribed a Nasal Spray so we shall see. Right now I have the Globus feeling.

Actually Im convinced at times I have a tumour in my throat, Google is bad news to all health anxious sufferers.

Has anyone else had this?

aliciajane
01-03-08, 19:35
I personally haven't had this, so I can't give you any advice I'm afraid.
But don't google, trust me it does so much harm!
I've banned myself haha.
It never helps...

sheba2
01-03-08, 23:46
I've got globus at the moment too. I had a bad chest infection that lasted from last october until the end of january. I had loads of coughing fits and obviously irritated my throat. Strangely it was towards the end of this infection that I developed globus. I'm sure that the skin in my throat is still a little weak and it drys very quickly. This makes me swallow more and once I am aware of it I then swallow awkwardly. Sometimes my throat makes a crunching noise/feeling. The globus is really driving me mad but I know that this is all it is because it isn't there in the morning and some days it is worse than others and occasionally I don't have it at all.

I get lots of sore throats and blocked nose etc so I think that my throat is often irritated like yours. Strangely it is not on my big worry list. Hope this helps

cattttt
02-03-08, 04:41
I haven't had globus for years, but when I did, it followed on from a cold.
Didn't know what it was then, doc didn't tell me either. I had all sorts of panics about it too. I only found out about it from this site last year. Sounds like you have some sort of infection, so I hope the docs spray helps.

Bunty
02-03-08, 16:02
Diablo
Apart from the blood, this sounds like me. but I was told it's allergy symptoms. I'm going to google Globus as I've never heard of it.

Buntyxx

diablo78
02-03-08, 22:19
Does your face get warm when you talk ?