PDA

View Full Version : I would really welcome some advice please

Shell26
01-03-08, 17:03
Hi everyone,

Im going to see my fella tomorrow, in prison, and am now feeling really panicky. I know people say "face your fear" but why can i not tell myself that..

This morning i woke up and felt really well for the first day in a few weeks and went shopping round the town centre with my grandad but since getting back home, i seem to be getting in a bit of a state about tomorrow. I suppose i feel unsafe at the moment, i only ever feel safe round my bf or my parents and my parents are away this weekend so am not able to speak to them about how im feeling, they dont really understand anyway.,

Could anybody give me any advice please? Im scared of the environment in the prison as its not a nice place at all to visit and they way im feeling at the moment am scared to be around other people in case i get bad intrusive thoughts. Why wont my mind just switch off and let me get on with it as i have done before??

:scared15: :weep:

sarajane
02-03-08, 11:06
http://www.cybergifs.com/hearts/hug.gif

Hi Shell26,

I imagine having to visit a person in jail would be extremely distressing for anyone. I'm not sure how I'd cope if I ever had to visit someone in this kind of environment.

One way to stay calm is if you have a mp3 you can play your favorite tunes and also focus on happy places you have visited, try to convince yourself that you are going on a trip to the beach instead of the jail, and focus on the happy feelings this generates inside of you.

Sometimes when I have to go somewhere I'm dreading I pretend I'm going for an appointment at a health spa where I'm going to be pampered for two straight hours.

Sending you my love and support
Sarajane
xxxxxx